Saturday, May 6, 2017

REVIEW + SWATCHES: Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

My favorite drugstore highlighter is the Essence Pure Nude Highlighter in "Be My Highlight" ($4.49, 0.24 oz./7 grams) that costs under $5! I purchased mine during Cyber Monday of last year on the Essence website when they had a promotion of 50% off and free shipping, so of course I had to snag it! I also purchased one for my sister and she enjoys using it occasionally.


Here is the description of their product:

"Natural highlights! This Essence Pure Nude Highlighter adds natural luminescence to cheeks, temples, and brow bone for a gorgeous glow. The baked formula applies smoothly while the light texture blends easily for a natural finish. Not tested on animals."



 This is not your highlighter that you will be able to see from outer space. This highlighter gives you a very subtle glow that is perfect for everyday wear. I love wearing this to work because it's not "too much."

Essence states that the Pure Nude will give you a natural luminescence, which I 100% agree. It looks very natural on top of my cheeks and it gives me a beautiful glow whenever I wear it. The baked highlighter is very smooth and applies very well on my skin. My only hunch is that it doesn't last all day like my high end highlighters such as from Becca Cosmetics. I do notice some fading throughout the day, but it isn't too big of an issue for me since I do wear setting spray.


There's only one shade available in "Be My Highlight" which is a vanilla, white gold, which is more suitable for light and medium skin tones. I hope that Essence will release more shades in the future that also suits a wider range of skin complexions.


Overall, this is a wonderful and very affordable highlighter that I continuously reach for whenever I wear makeup. I highlight recommend it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...