Sunday, May 21, 2017

Colourpop Pressed Eye Shadows Swatches!

Colourpop Cosmetics  is known for their affordable cosmetics, and not too long ago they released pressed pigments for $5 each! I got super excited because I love pressed pigments. Not too long ago they had a promotion where you can get three eye shadows for only $10! I took advantage of the promotion and purchased 9! They have a similar deal right now if you buy 2, you get 1 free, so that is 3 eye shadows whether they are pressed or the Super Shocked ones, for  $9.99! Plus, Colourpop is offering free shipping for a limited time.



Each pressed eye shadow comes in its own little cardboard packaging.

I have a few empty Ulta x Z Palettes in my collection that I purchased months ago, so I decided to start my own palette for just Colourpop. Side note: I will no longer be supporting Z Palette after the company treated its costumers with disrespect. That's also my cat, Mino, checking out the shades I bought.


I have not tried all of these shadows out yet, but I have been playing with a few of them. I'll let you know down below of the ones I have tried.

Paper Tiger is a matte mustard. It comes off more brown in the pan, but it's definitely mustard once I apply this in my crease. I love this shade.





The News is described on the Colourpop website as a matte warm rose. This shadow actually applies on my lids a little more coral-pink than a rose. I'm not the biggest fan of pinks since they can make me appear sick looking, but I actually really like this shade. I have been applying this on my outer crease.



You Know the Drill is described as a metallic bronze. I don't know where they get the bronze from because when it's swatched it doesn't look bronze. Nevertheless, it is still a gorgeous shade. It looks more of a white warm gold. I like applying this in the inner corner of my eyes.

Save it for Later is a metallic amber. This is beautiful on the lids!

High Strung is described as a metallic dusty rose. Again, this does not apply and swatch as what is being described. It is not a dusty rose shade in my opinion. Personally, I think it falls more bronze. This along with Come and Get It are my favorites!

Bouquet Toss is a metallic pinky peach. I have yet to try this shade.

Come and Get It is absolutely stunning. It's a duochrome of rose and gold, and I LOVE it. I love wearing this on the center of my lids.

Piece of Cake is a matte dusty indigo. I have not tried this shadow yet, but based on swatches, this one appears blotchy and a little powdery.

143 is described as a matte deep lilac. Like Piece of Cake, it swatches a little powdery. I picked those two shadows up because I wanted some vibrant colors in my eye shadow collection.

Here are the swatches of the above shadows.



The metallic shades have beautiful pigmentation. They are soft and buttery, and remind me of the textures of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kits: thin and smooth, but very pigmented in color.

Overall I am impressed with this shadows thus far, and I am planning to pick up a few more to add to my Colourpop Pressed Eye Shadow collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...