Wednesday, April 26, 2017

REVIEW: elf Aqua Molten Liquid Eyeshadow

elf is a brand that I have been enjoy using for many years. I loved their dollar eye shadow primer, their brow kit and now I am loving their $6 brushes you can find at Target. I saw the elf Aqua Molten Liquid Lipsticks at Target several months ago for only $4, so I decided to pick up two: Rose Gold and Gold.




The back of the packaging implies that these liquid eyeshadows will dry quickly. They are supposed to be metallic and can be layered or worn alone.



Here are the ingredients.

I thought that for $4, the packaging was lovely. I love the aqua cap and that I was able to see the true color of the shadow by looking at the tube.


The liquid eyeshadow applicator is a basic doe-foot applicator. This is a given since this is a liquid eyeshadow. It does not have a consistency of water per se, but it is a liquid with thicker consistency.

Here are the swatches on my arm. They appear similarly on my eyelids. The formulas are thin, and they dry very fast, so you would have to work very quickly when applying these on the lids. Another con to these is that they are very difficult to blend because they dry fast. What I do is apply this last after I have completed the rest of my eyeshadow look.

L to R: Rose Gold, Gold



I personally do not think they are as pigmented as they can be. These were advertised as "metallic" so I was expecting bright and bold metallic. I wanted more "oomph" from them, and the reason why they are not as pigmented may be due to their sheer formula. As you can tell already, I do not like these Aqua Molten Liquid Eyeshadows. The biggest miss for me about these is that they crease. I have worn this my Too Faced and Urban Decay eyeshadow primers, and these would still smudge. I am quite disappointed that they crease despite having a formula that dries fast.


Overall, I do not recommend these liquid eyeshadows. The price is great, but the formula and the wear are not worth the $4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...