Wednesday, March 22, 2017

REVIEW & SWATCHES: Wet N Wild Megalast Catsuit Liquid Lipsticks

There's been a lot of hype around the new Wet N Wild Megalast Catsuit Liquid Lipsticks for several months now, and I can see why. I purchased the ones as shown below from CVS both online and in-store. They're a little difficult to find in-store, but now that it is March, they are a little easier to find. They retail for $4.99, but you can always find awesome deals at the drugstores where they are on sale. Five dollars for a good quality lipstick is still a great deal!

According to the Wet N Wild website, these glide on like butter. They apply glossy, but they have a matte finish with a great staying power. Additionally, Wet N Wild claims that these are highly pigmented with a lightweight formula that will not dry out the lips.


The colors I picked up from left to right are: Berry Recognize, Rebel Rose, Give Me Mocha, Nudist Peach, and Nice to Fuschia. Each liquid lipstick contains 0.21 ounces of product almost the same amount that you would get in Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick which contains 0.22 ounces of product.



The Wet N Wild liquid lipsticks come with a doe foot applicator with a small gap in the middle that allows for product to fill in to provide a nice smooth, one-step application.

Here are the shades I mentioned with flash photography from left to right: Berry Recognize, Rebel Rose, Give Me Mocha, Nudist Peach and Nice to Fuschia.


Here are the same shades in the same order take with no flash.


Berry Recognize is a true berry color. It's not too purple which I like. I think it's a very neutral color that will complement all types of skin tones.




 Give Me Mocha is a brown nude shade in which I predict is one of the more popular shades of the entire collection. This color looks more red-brown like a brick color in flash photography. This is definitely one of my favorites.

Nudist Peach was one I picked up in-store at CVS and this color does not flatter me since I have a yellow light-medium complexion. The color looks washed out against my skin tone, but this color would be lovely on those who have a lighter complexion.


Nice to Fuchsia is bold and vibrant, but not too much of "in your face." I contemplated hard about getting this color because fuchsia lipsticks do not look good on me. This actually did not look too bad, and I think it's because it appeared less neon than most other fuchsia lipsticks I've tried.

As you can see I only picked up five shades from the line, but in terms of quality, these are pretty good. They dry down quickly, and they're not too drying like the ones from ColourPop. ColourPop charges $6 a liquid lipstick, but Wet N Wild charges $5. These Wet N Wild liquid lipsticks dry matte, and surprisingly are comfortable to wear. I prefer a liquid lipstick to not be completely matte because I find that matte formulas tend to be drying. They're comfortable enough for me to wear to work for eight hours. The only time I do reapply is after I eat lunch and the lipstick in my inner lips have rubbed off. Reapplication and layering of this product formula isn't an issue for me. Jouer liquid lipsticks clump whenever I layer my lipstick, but Wet N Wild does not, so I approve!

I highly recommend these Megalast Catsuit Liquid Lipsticks if you are looking for something more affordable or if you contemplated about trying them! I'm beginning to see them more and more available now in-stores at Target and at drugstores such as CVS and Rite Aids, so if you've been trying to find them, be sure to check the shelves now! Better yet, get them online! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...