Sunday, December 4, 2016

REVIEW: Jouer Cosmetics Long-Wear Lip Creme Liquid Lipstick in "Bronze Rose"

Jouer Cosmetics creates beautiful liquid lipstick formulas. I gravitate towards using them over some of the other brands because they're easy to wear, they're comfortable, and they're hydrating. The only issue that I have had with Jouer's formula is that the lipstick crumbles whenever I add a second layer. I own six of their liquid lipsticks, including "Bronze Rose" ($18) which I picked up a few weeks ago from Dermstore.com. Side note: Dermstore.com is one of my favorite beauty online retailers that offers free shipping no minimum, and constant deals. I saw that Jouer released fall shades including "Bronze Rose," and I knew I just had to have it for the fall/winter seasons. One great thing about Jouer's formula is that it is opaque. I have worn liquid lipsticks such as from Milani where the formula is too darn sheer and watery.

"Bronze Rose" is described as a metallic deep rose, which I think is an accurate description. I own a metallic liquid lipstick in "Nolita" from Lonely Planet, and that dried my lips and accentuated my lip lines. I was afraid of purchasing another metallic shade because of this experience, but the color looked so rich and vibrant online, so I gave in.



Unlike the other lip cremes from Jouer, "Bronze Rose" can be layered. I have worn this shade and formula throughout many days and evenings, eating holiday foods, and food truck yummies, and this lipstick has stayed on pretty well. The only time I saw fading was whenever I ate greasy food, and the fading would only occur on the inner lips. I would reapply with a second layer, and it would still look good. This formula does not go into your lip lines much, but I also believe that color matters. Lighter metallic shades with fine glitters will sink into your lip lines and will be more noticeable than darker shades such as "Bronze Rose." It's just my hypothesis. By the end of the evenings that I have worn this, I did notice that my lip lines were more prominent, but not in the nasty crusty looking way.

How much do I enjoy this color and formula? I  love it. My boyfriend also loves this color on me. I am not too into rose lip colors, but I enjoy this one from Jouer because it is a deeper shade of rose. Bronze. It gives a beautiful shine. If you want to try it out yourself I recommend purchasing it from Dermstore to get free shipping or else you would need to spend $25 on Jouer's website to get free shipping.



Swatches with flash.




Swatches without flash.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...