Sunday, August 14, 2016

REVIEW: Nooni Advanced + Repair Therapy Super Revitalizing Gel Cleanser & Super Revitalizing Cream

I have two products to discuss today from the Advanced + Repair Therapy line from Memebox's brand, Nooni. I was sent the Super Revitalizing Gel Cleanser ($15) and the Super Revitalizing Cream ($40) to review, and I have been testing these products out for about a month since receiving them.


The Super Revitalizing Gel Cleanser is a mild clear gel cleanser that mainly contains centella asiatica extract which can reduce swelling and circulation. According to the Memebox website, this ingredient will calm and relieve skin redness and irritations, good for sensitive skin. Also with ingredients from Jeju Island of Korea, this product is supposed to deep cleanse your skin, remove makeup, keep your skin hydrated, all without stripping your skin's natural oils.



I've been using this cleanser with my Foreo Luna Mini 2. What I do is squeeze a tiny dab of the cleanser out of the tub, apply it onto my face in areas and then cleanse away using my Foreo. This is standard routine for me when I cleanse my face no matter what facial cleanser I am using.

First, there's a scent to this cleanser, and I may not be 100% correct, but I think it's the centalla asiatica extract. The scent smells like some kind of citrus and other plant combined, but the good thing is that the scent isn't overpowering. It's a scent I am not familiar with, but it's not too bad. Second, the texture of this cleanser is similar to Vaseline. It is a gel cleanser, so it will feel like a gel--lightweight! Third, a little bit of product goes a long way. This cleanser lathers up really well with my Foreo, and I like that because I feel like my face is getting a good cleaning. This cleanser really does clean! My face feels super clean every time I use this, but it doesn't feel like it leaves my face feeling stripped. I have normal/dry skin during the winter and it becomes combination of dry and oily (strangely!) during warmer seasons, so this is great for my skin during the summer a.k.a. right now! If you have dry skin, I recommend using a milk cleanser (Yes to Cucumber! Milk Cleanser is my fave!) since milk cleansers are more hydrating. Aside from leaving my skin feeling clean every time, it also makes my skin smoother and brighter. Overall, I've been enjoying this cleanser although I can probably do without the scent.

Next is the Super Revitalizing Cream which is essentially a moisturizer. This is a "repair therapy cream" mainly containing centalla asiatica along with the three ingredients: calendula, primrose oil, and ceramide 3 which Nooni/Memebox trademarked as the "phyto-cure complex." These ingredients are supposed to nourish, calm troublesome skin and hydrate, respectively. Something I've noticed about this cream compared to other creams I own is that this has a thicker texture, again like Vaseline. I enjoy using this in the evening since it has a thicker consistency, so I recommend applying this right before jumping into bed. I take a small scoop and pat it into my face, and although it's thick, it dries fairly quickly. However, it does leave a bit of tackiness on your face for a while which is also why I prefer wearing this cream in the evening. I cannot vouch that this cream has done wonders for my skin, but I will say that it does provide a lot moisture for my skin. My face feels hydrated and very smooth in the morning! Even during the summer I have dry and rough skin when I wake up, and this product can solve those problems. Overall I am happy with this product, although I'm not too fond of the thick texture. You can see more photos below. :)


The product comes in a 50 mL jar. I prefer my skincare products to come with a pump since it's more sanitary, but I understand that becomes costlier for the company.


Looks like a tub of petroleum jelly right?


Although it has a thicker consistency, it's not hard to work with. It absorbs easily into my skin.

I decided to take before and after pictures of my hand using the cream, and you can obviously see that my hand in the after picture looks a lot more hydrated than the left hand. That's a pretty cool and big difference huh?


Overall, two thumbs up!


*These products were sent to me for review purposes. As always, my opinions are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...