Wednesday, February 10, 2016

SWATCHES: Cargo Cosmetics Venice Enchantment Eye Shadow Palette

I recently purchased the Cargo Venice Enchantment eye shadow palette that was released for the holiday season last year for $13 at Burlington Coat Factory. Yes, I said $13! This eye shadow palette retails for $34 (valued at $102), and is still available online through the Kohl's website. If you live near a Burlington, it would not hurt to try hunting for the palette, but I do warn though that availability may vary by store and region.





 This palette is supposed to capture the "richness and romance of Venice" which is probably why almost all of the shadows are shimmer or sheen. There are 12 eye shadows, one dual-ended eye shadow brush, and a black pencil eyeliner.




 Top row (l to r): canal, magic, carnival, murano, gondola, mask
Bottom row (l to r): gilded, rialto, lido, lagoon, bridge, palazzo

 All the swatches below are swatched over primer. They are all satin/frost finishes except for two: Rialto and carnival are matte with glitter.

They swatch beautifully dry too, but I always wear eye shadow primer, so I thought I would show you how they would appear over primer.



Here's a little close up look at the top row: canal, magic, carnival, murano, gondola, mask

Bottom row: gilded, rialto, lido, lagoon, bridge, palazzo


I just bought this yesterday, and I've only worn it once (today), but so far I am liking it. My favorite shades are murano and lido. I did have to reach for other palettes in order to get matte colors to blend these shadows out, since this palette didn't have any mattes. It's not a big deal to me since this palette was only $13. Would I pay $34 full price for this palette? Probably not since I own shadows that are very similar to this palette. I like the color choices in the palette though, and it really does ring out to me as "romantic." Nice palette so far though! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...