Monday, February 15, 2016

REVIEW: Wet N Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel

 Wet N Wild released a new nail polish line called the 1 Step Wonder Gel several months ago, and I am quite impressed by these polishes. I have been a nail polish fanatic for a very long time, but I have not worn nail polish in a while due to issues of chipping and the lack of time to paint my nails thanks to graduate school. However, I stopped by a local Walgreens and see these thinking they were interesting because it's being advertised as a gel-like formula and texture with no UV light needed.

I enjoy getting gel nails once a while, but it is a pain in the butt to take them off, and it takes forever for my nails to regrow and heal. The Wet N Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel doesn't necessarily give you gel nail, but it gives your nails that gel-like texture and look. They retail for $4.99 each at the drugstore (I picked mine up at Walgreens and Rite Aid), and the colors I got were: Stay Classy (mauve), Peri-wink-ie of an Eye (periwinkle), and Crime of Passion (bright red).





The formula of these polishes are nice and thick enough to just wear one layer. However, if you want your nails to look and feel more like gel nails then I would recommend wearing two layers instead. The dry time for this formula is quite fast. I think these dry faster than the many OPI and essie polishes that I own.



Wet N Wild claims that these can last up to two weeks. They haven't lasted me up until two weeks, but they have stayed put on my nails without chipping for 6-7 days without a top coat which I think is quite impressive. My nail polish normally chips within 2-3 days even with a top coat, no joke, so these polishes are quite good!

I highly recommend trying out these polishes whenever you get the chance. Wet N Wild is already an affordable brand, but drugstores always have sales like BOGO half which makes the prices even better. Plus, there are 18 shades you can choose from! :) Thumbs up for this polish line!


In Other News...
  • A review to come will probably be the Ecotools Pure Complexion Facial Sponge.
  • I made another (mini) Korean beauty order. I need to stop!
    • I've decided that I will film a Korean beauty haul once all of my orders come in despite not filming in almost a year. 
  • The weather in southern California has been ridiculous! It reached 93 degrees today! 

1 comment:

  1. All of the colors are darling! I'm jealous of how long nail polishes last for you. On my natural nails if it lasts a day I am lucky. =O

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...