Saturday, February 6, 2016

REVIEW: L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion in W3

The L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion ($17) is one of the most talked about foundations from the drugstore that has just hit the market. I believe L'Oreal and Physicians Formula are the first U.S. drugstores to produce the Korean-inspired cushion foundations. I am sure more drugstores will follow the trend here in the U.S. Target carries the Korean brand, Laneige, in-store and online where the cushion foundation has been available to American consumer for several years. I feel as if everything big in Korea takes 2-5 years to make it big in the U.S. (e.g. BB cream, CC cream, sheet masks, etc.). This is a little off topic, but you know the new Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer that she just released? Well, that type of brow pencil has been around for a long while in Korea too! :)

When I saw that L'Oreal released a cushion foundation, I knew I had to try it out! I picked the product up from my local Rite Aid, and I've been trying it out for about a month, so I have a good opinion on it.



The Lumi cushion comes in 12 different shades in neutral, warm and cool tone shades. My closest shade is W3. The compact itself is sleek and compact. You can easily put this in your purse. On the back side of the compact are instructions on how to apply the foundation.


The compact does come with a blue circular sponge as seen on the back of the compact, but I threw mine out because it doesn't apply very well. I enjoy using this with my Real Techniques Complexion Sponge.

There's a nice sized mirror in the compact. You'll find the foundation inside once you open the white flap/lid. Unfortunately the amount of product in here is only .51 oz., so you're getting about half the amount of foundation that you would normally get in standardized foundations.


This is why it's called a "cushion" foundation. The foundation is embedded throughout this cushion-like fabric.





This is a little embarrassing, but here is my face  without any makeup. You can see I have sunspots, acne scars and uneven skin tone.

With the foundation, I was able to cover up most of my acne scars. My skin did look luminous and fresh as described by L'Oreal. This foundation is light to medium coverage. You can definitely build it up.


Here is a photo of me wearing full makeup where I'm showing off my Kat Von D Lolita II lips (haha). My skin actually looks very smooth here.


This photo below was when I did a FOTD where I am also wearing the foundation. It does a great job with coverage.


Overall, I have really enjoyed this foundation. I tend to have dull and dry/normal skin during most times of the year (fall, winter, and spring), so this foundation gives my face a luminous glow, not oily. I have worn this with and without a powder, and both methods doesn't affect the staying power of this foundation. It stays put! My sister has oily/combination skin, but she told me she was able to use this, and that it worked well for her at least for the cold season. Once California hits warmer temperatures, I am unsure though as to whether both my sister and I would be able to wear this foundation. It nevertheless is a really beautiful foundation.


In Other News...
  • I just put in an order for a ton of Korean beauty products this morning!
  • I cleaned out my makeup collection. :X
  • Lots of beauty deals happening right now. Be on the lookout during President's weekend/Valentine's day weekend for deals too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...