Sunday, February 21, 2016

REVIEW: Ecotools Pure Complexion Sponge - Sensitive Skin

Hi everyone! This post is going to be a review on Ecotools' Pure Complexion Sponge for Sensitive Skin. This sponge is a Konjac cleansing sponge that is supposed to help you remove impurities from your face. Here is what Ecotools advertises on their website:

"One of the newest trends in skincare is Konjac and our NEW unique Pure Complexion Facial Sponge is handmade with 100 percent natural ingredients, including Konjac* vegetable fiber! Designed for a better clean that reveals smooth, refreshed skin, our sponge is dermatologist tested for use both morning and night! Use it to wash away dirt, oil and makeup, leaving skin glowing!

*Konjac is a highly renewable root plant indigenous to Asia. It’s traditionally used as a detoxifying dietary staple and as a naturally exfoliating sponge for delicate skin by the Japanese.

Our packaging is 100% tree-free paper and 100% recyclable made from 80% bamboo and 20% cotton fiber."





First, I have never used a Konjac sponge before. Second, I love how environmentally friendly this product is, and third, this is a really great sponge!



When you take the sponge out of it's box, it's basically a really rough and hard loofah like below:




However, you want to dampen it in water and squeeze the excess water out. Just like a Beauty Blender, the sponge will expand and soften. I was actually quite surprised when I first used this sponge because I thought that it would be really rough against my sensitive skin since it was so hard prior to wetting it. I'm glad that wasn't the case. The sponge can be quite squishy.

The sponge is very flexible an soft once it expands as demonstrated below.


I've tried using this to wash my face several ways. The first method is massaging my cleanser (I use the Yes to -  Yes to Cucumbers Cleansing Milk) onto my face, and then going in with the sponge to gently exfoliate my face. The second method is putting a pump of my cleanser onto the dampened sponge. Lastly, I sometimes just use this sponge on my face without any cleansing product.

I really enjoy the cleanser that I am currently using because it makes my face feel clean and smooth, but with the sponge my face feels even cleaner without leaving my face dry and tight. It's a good tool to give yourself a massage while gently exfoliating your skin. Sometimes I feel as if my skin isn't clean enough whenever I use my cleanser and soap, but with this sponge I feel as if it's actually working to get impurities like dirt and oil off my face. Once you are done using it, the sponge dries back up again and becomes hard, similar to the Beauty Blender. I used to use a rubber brush from Daiso Japan to help me cleanse my skin, but this is a much better alternative because it doesn't rub and pull my skin. This is a great cleanser that I recommend if you need a little something extra to help you get a deeper cleanse for your skin.  The best part about this product? It's only $6! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...