Friday, January 29, 2016

Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipsticks Ripoff?

I'm sadly disappointed today in my discovery that there's barely any product in the new Gerard Cosmetics (GC) Hydra Matte Liquid Lipsticks that I've just purchased! How is that even possible?! These are pretty darn good liquid lipsticks too, but where is the product at?!

Being the couponer that I am, and the student that I will always be, I wanted to know, I wanted to learn, what the hell was going on?! So I did some math and compared the price per mL of product for GC to my favorite liquid lipsticks, Kat Von D's (KVD) Everlasting Liquid Lipstick.

Look to see what I discovered below.

They both retail for $20, but GC has 1.75 mL of product and KVD has 6.6 mL! That's already a huge difference, but I broke the prices down per mL and GC charges $11.42 for 1 mL of product while KVD charges $3.03 mL. When I divided the prices, I found that GC was 3.76 times more expensive than KVD.

Now, some may argue that GC always provide discount codes, but even at 50% off, which was their most recent and notable sale, their liquid lipstick was still more expensive or 1.89 times more expensive than KVD's.

I looked into other brands too that sold liquid lipsticks, and found that prices per mL varied greatly. That's normal, but I was just so shocked to see how small the GC Liquid Lipsticks tubes were! I thought it wasn't a big deal until I was trying to grab some product out, and I was able to see the applicator clearly in the mattified tube. These really are great lipsticks, but I wish GC would give us more product for the price we are paying. Again, even with a discount as high as 50% off, it's still a high price for the amount of product consumers are getting. I looked into Stila's liquid lipsticks too, and they charge $8 per mL, which is also quite high in my opinion.

I did more searching into other brands, and found that the best value based on price per mL are as follows: Colourpop ($0.20/mL), KVD ($3.02/mL), Jeffree Star ($3.20/mL).


Whew. That was a lot of numbers, but I hope this brought you some insight!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's a huge difference! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...