Wednesday, September 9, 2015

REVIEW: Maybelline Dream Pure BB in "Light/Medium"

I have been looking for an affordable foundation or BB cream for the past month or so, and I think I may have found it! Earlier this summer my skin has been experiencing some breakouts here and there around my forehead, cheeks and chin. It's incredibly frustrating seeing little dots appearing in a new place every other day! I am unsure as to why I started breaking out all of a sudden, but I believe my breakouts have been contributed by the heat and humidity southern California has been experiencing. I normally wear Revlon Colorstay Foundation for normal/dry skin, but I figured I should look for a product that feels lighter weight when worn. I have used the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB in the past when it first came out, and I did not like it at all. It was way too sheer for me. I knew that Maybelline also had a different BB cream in a turquoise packaging, and I found out it was the Maybelline Dream Pure BB with salicylic acid! This product has been out for for a while already, but who cares?! This was what I needed! I read reviews, watched YouTube videos, and decided it would be worth a try since I wanted something light, provides light to medium coverage, and can treat my blemishes!

This is what it claims:

Maybelline's 1st blemish fighting BB cream helps clear skin with 8 great skin benefits! With 2% salicylic acid. For combination and/or blemish-prone skin.

Why You'll Love It: Their Dream Pure BB Cream is a 1-step wonder for healthy-looking skin today and clearer skin tomorrow.

Benefits:

  • Clears acne
  • Conceals imperfections
  • Minimizes look of pores
  • Reduces appearance of redness
  • Adjusts to skin tone
  • Hydrates and smoothes
  • Enhances and clarifies skin
  • Is oil-free, with a lightweight feel

2% salicylic acid is one of the highest percentages of this powerful blemish-fighter that you can get without a prescription, yet it's gentle enough to use every day.

I was able to find it at my local Walmart for $7.49 which is very affordable. On top of that I used a coupon that I found online that allows you to save $2.00 off ONE Maybelline Face Product, so I ended up paying $5.49 plus tax. Not bad.



Packaging. Similar to their first BB cream, Maybelline Dream Fresh, this BB is 1.0 fluid ounces, and is in a squeezable tube. The packaging is very light, so I could see this as a product someone could easily travel with.

Pigmentation & Coverage. I am tan from the summer, but knowing that I am back in school I picked up light/medium. Light/medium is a tad bit lighter than my current skin tone whenever I first apply it on, but eventually I do feel like this product self adjusts to match my skin tone. Coverage is light to medium. It does a good job at evening out my skin tone and covering most of my acne scars and blemishes. If you are looking for a full coverage BB or foundation, this is not it!


You can see that it blended nicely into my skin. It's hardly noticeable.


Formula & Application. I was afraid that this would appear too matte on my skin since I read reviews stating that it's more for oily/combination skin, but it didn't. It actually left my skin a little dewy and hydrated, and it felt natural and light. I had no issues using my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge with this product. It's not too thick and not too runny.

If you are someone who is looking for a light-weight light/medium coverage BB cream that hydrates your skin and treats your acne, this is it! Some of my emerging pimples that have been appearing on my skin have  slowly been diminishing which is a plus! I've been loving this product so far, and I will continue to use it, so long as my skin loves it! :)

Just wearing the BB cream alone!

Wearing a full face of makeup.
Long-lasting so long as you also powder your face too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...