Friday, April 3, 2015

TIP: Brush Cleaning!

I am at home for a few more days until I head back to school, and I unfortunately do not have my olive oil and Dawn soap with me to clean my dirty brushes. What did I do? I improvised. As a couponer, I have a lot of personal care items at home, and I found a bar of the Shea Moisture African Black Soap in my bathroom cabinet. I decided to test it out to see if it would do a good job at cleaning my brushes without too much effort, and it worked wonderfully!



 You can buy this bar at your local drugstore for approximately $4.99. It's inexpensive and works great for your brushes!


The bar is fairly large, so I took a knife and cut a quarter of it off. You may want to do the same, and save the rest for later.



 This is an It Cosmetics brush that I use for blush. You  can see that there's a lot of product I need to get off.



 All I do is wet the tips of my brushes with water and swirl it on top of the piece of soap I cut off just enough to get some soap on there. Then I massage my brush with my fingers through water again to get all the gunk out. I dry it on a clean and dry towel, and I'm done!


And... boom! I have myself a clean brush. :) I tried this soap with my Beauty Blender as well, and it worked great!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...