Tuesday, September 23, 2014

REVIEW: Tarte Cosmetics Sweet Dreams Holiday 2014 - Deluxe LipSurgence Duo

The holiday season is my favorite time of the year, and as my best friend says, "It's close to Christmas once you hit the "'-ber" months!" It is SeptemBER, and you can bet that I got super excited when Tarte Cosmetics released their Sweet Dreams Holiday 2014 line just recently! Eeks! I purchased their blush set, lip set, and this really cute $5 deluxe LipSurgence Duo, which this review will be on!

This deluxe size duo set includes one LipSurgence Lip Creme in "Wishful," and one LipSurgence Lip Gloss in "Magic."

The box is deceiving, since it's twice as big as the products.



L: LipSurgence Creme in "Wishful"
R: LipSurgence Lip Gloss in "Magic"
The packaging is so darn cute. I love the purple caps with the shiny gold details! These deluxe mini are great to travel with this holiday season!

The amount of product you get! Not much, but you get for what you pay for.


LipSurgence Creme in "Wishful" - No flash (top); flash (bottom)
Pinky nude color; retractable 


LipSurgence Lip Gloss in "Magic" - No flash (top); flash (bottom)
A coral pink gloss with gold flecks of glitter; doe foot applicator
You can see that this lip gloss is milky looking. It's not sticky like most lip glosses.


LipSurgence Lip Gloss in "Magic" and
LipSurgence Creme in "Wishful"

I love these two together! It makes my lips look lush and full!


Note: The lip creme smells minty and the lip gloss smells like vanilla.

PROS:
  • $5 for two deluxe size samples! I say that's a steal. Unfortunately I don't see it on the website right now?! I'm not sure if they ran out, but I hope it'll be back in stock because it's such a good deal, and it's a great way to try out Tarte's lip products!
  • The colors are pretty!
  • Decent wear time. Approximately 3 hours without eating or drinking. CON: Gloss does wear off though!
CONS:
  • It makes my lips taste weird. I'm not sure if it's me, but when I wiped off the lip products at the end of the day with a tissue, my lips tasted so nasty. I don't even know how to describe it!
  • The gloss is lovely, but it doesn't have long staying power, most likely due to the fact that it isn't as sticky, so it doesn't adhere to the lips.
  • Not moisturizing. 
Overall I like this duo set, especially when worn together.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...