Saturday, September 13, 2014

REVIEW: Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eye Shadows!

Hi everyone! Finally I am back, and I have gotten my hands on the new Milani Cosmetics Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eye Shadows! I can gladly say that these shadows are superb! They have great pigmentation, are easy to blend, and they are long-lasting with a primer underneath!


Each shadow name starts with "Bella" with the color of the shadow color named afterwards. Milani states on their website that these shadows starts off as a gel, and then apply as a powder. There is no indication to me that these shadows have a gel-like texture at all. In my opinion they are powder eyeshadows that stay as powder eyeshadows. Nevertheless, they are great shadows, and Milani offers a large range of them in 30 colors with different finishes from satin matte, shimmer and metallic.



I managed to pick up Bella Mandarin, Bella Bronze, Bella Bronze, and Bella Taupe.


Bella Mandarin - Cool tone peachy orange (satin matte)

Bella Bronze - bronze (metallic)

Bella Copper - Copper (metallic)

Bella Taupe - Taupe (satin matte)

Swatches from left to right:
Bella Mandarin, Bella Taupe, Bella Copper, Bella Bronze


PROS/CONS:
  • Pigmented
    • Matte shade or not, these shadows are rich in color. The swatches above were applied straight out of the packaging, so no primer or wet application was used. I always wear eye shadow primer underneath my eye look to achieve more vibrancy.
    • Bella Mandarin is a little chalky, but is still a great quality shadow.
  • Affordable
    • Each shadow varies from $3.99 to $4.79. Unfortunately for me, one Milani shadow at my local CVS retails for $4.79, which I personally think is pricey. However, I did buy these on sale, use a CVS store coupon and previous rewards to get them for a cheaper price.
    • HOWEVER, I do prefer an eye shadow palette like my LORAC Pro Palette instead of buying single eye shadows since I believe it is a better investment and is easier to work with, but if you are on a budget and you only need one color or so, then I recommend trying the Milani Bella Eyes out. 
  • Easy to blend
    • CON: If you are applying it WET, then forget about blending your eye shadows because this formula barely budges when wet!
    • These shadows blend very beautifully with and without a primer underneath. Wear a primer if you want it to last longer! 

I give Milani two thumbs up!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...