Saturday, September 13, 2014

LIFE UPDATE: Moved & School

Where the heck have I been for almost a month? I moved away from home for school, and guess what? I've been in school for three weeks already! I know!

It's been a long and stressful journey so far. I became homesick right when I moved, and I just felt so lonely. Everything was different to me: the streets, the people, the scenery, everything. It didn't feel like home to me, and it made me sad even though I knew my feelings were normal for many young adults who move away from home for the first time.  When you're not in the mood, you're not in the mood, so I didn't touch this blog.

I've also been out of school for two years, so coming back to school as a full time graduate student made me feel very stressed out. I had to learn how to make friends again, and when you're in a brand new semi-permanent place all by yourself, you may just know how that feels! School itself is still stressful now, but I feel rejuvenated and a little more confident now. Sometimes you just have to go with the groove, suck it up, and put your energy and effort into something to get the results that you want back. I know graduate school is going to be even tougher than the previous weeks, but I am feeling excited and prepared. Tis better now.

I won't have as much time as I used to in the past to post frequently on this blog, but I will try my best to post here and there! Unfortunately my new computer isn't recognizing my video editor, so I can't post videos up on YouTube either.

On a lighter note, I was playing with makeup with my cousin last night, and it was so fun, and can I just say that it was stress-relieving? LOL :P Playing with makeup can be so therapeutic, and it was exciting to watch my cousin apply makeup on herself for the first time. There's always a first for everything!

Anyway, I am back, and I am happy to be back! :)

P.S. If anyone needs a good read, I recommend Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...and It's All Small Stuff by Richard Carlson. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...