Tuesday, July 8, 2014

REVIEW: Avon Extra Lasting Eyeshadow Pencils!

The Avon Extra Lasting Eyeshadow Pencils are the bomb dot com! I purchased six of the ten shadow sticks available on the Avon website during their 3 for $10 promotion, that is still going on now. I initially heard of these from watching EmilyNoel83's YouTube review on these products where she compared them to the Mally shadow sticks and said that these worked very similarly except that they are much more affordable. I've never tried the Mally sticks before, and I'm not a huge eyeshadow pencil fan, but I decided to give them a try since I trust Emily's words, plus they were and still are 3 for $10 which is a great deal!


These pencils are retractable! Many shadow pencils need to be sharpened which can be a hassle, so having a shadow on a stick that retracts is a time savor! 

Swatches! You can click on the photo to enlarge. Rich in pigmentation? Heck yes! Each swatch was only one swipe! My favorite one is "Topaz Shimmer".

An example look.
I used "Shimmering Sand" on the inner corner of my eyes, "Smoky Plum" on the outer, "Amethyst" on my lid, and "Rich Cocoa" in the crease. Note that I used "Crystal Taupe" instead of "Amethyst"  in the YouTube video below.




PROS:
  • Rich in pigmentation. All six of the Extra Lasting Eyeshadow Pencils I purchased are very rich in pigmentation. You won't have any trouble getting the shadows to show up on your lids. Be aware though of how much you press or put the shadow on your lids. It is very likely and possible for anyone to use a heavy hand and accidentally put too much of a darker color. Why can this be an issue? These shadows will dry quickly, and if you don't work fast enough then you'll have to start over!
  • Easy to blend! The shadow formula is so good. Although it does set quickly on your eyes, you can still blend it easily if you work fast enough. These are essentially cream shadows on a stick! They are very creamy, so they're easy to blend. The lighter shades are very forgiving in comparison to the darker shades. I recommend using your fingers to blend the shadows. From my personal experiences, using a brush will make them dry faster whereas using the warmth of your fingers will provide you more time to blend the shadows to how you like it!
  • Sweatproof and waterproof. Let's just say that these are great for the summer! I think I actually prefer these over my beloved Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadows!
  • Affordable! They retail for $8.50 for one which is already a great price, but Avon always have promotions going on. They still are 3 for $10 from when I posted this review!
CONS:
  • Not Melt Proof. This is always an issue for me when it comes to cream products. My NYX Cream Blushes tend to melt a little when it's really warm, and similarly these shadows can get really soft when its environment is warm. I recommend storing these eyeshadow pencils away from the sun and somewhere cool in order to sustain them.
  • Only one matte. "Rich Cocoa" is the only shade in this line that has a matte finish. I hope Avon creates more neutral matte toned colors that can be used as a transition in the crease.

You can probably tell that I love these sticks! They are easy to use, and the formula is so great. I still can't believe that these pencils are that affordable! Will you be adding these to your collection?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...