Thursday, June 12, 2014

Summer Beauty Haul!

Hi everyone! A couple weeks ago was Memorial Day, and that weekend was a sales extravaganza! I got so many stuff I've been wanting to try out for a really good discount! I'm a bargain shopper, so you know that I will never shell out my wallet for anything full price unless there is some kind of promotion!

*Snaps for smart shoppers!*

I've been wanting to try First Aid Beauty products for so long. Everyone raves about it on the net, and this Fab Faves To Go was a perfect set that I found on the Beautybrands.com website. I did pay full price ($28) for this trio set, but I got free shipping (normally $5.95 for orders under $50), and a huge bag full of free deluxe to full size samples! :D
This trio set comes with a 2 oz. facial cleanser, 2 oz. Ultra Cream Repair (essentially body lotion), and  28 count Facial Radiance pads.

This is the free sample bag that I got from Beauty Brands whenever your spend $25+ on a high end beauty brand. It's a nice size travel-friendly bag with a clasp and a zipper. Unfortunately this promotion is no longer available.

The samples inside include full size items like an OPI Liquid Sand polish and a Butter London Eyeliner. There were a lot of new brands I have never heard of even!

Similar to Sephora and Ulta, Beauty Brands offer three free samples of your choice when you begin your checkout process. I received so many free things from one order!

I posted a really great Target Simple/Ponds wipes deal a little more than a week ago on how you can get wipes for as low as $0.12 a pack (deal is now expired). I did the deal several times on various days and now I am stocked up on Simple, and Pond's Wipes. Simple wipes work okay for me, and they aren't the greatest at removing makeup, but Ponds are superb! For $0.12 I can't really complain about the Simple wipes.

Walgreens had a Buy One Get One (BOGO) free sale last week on all Shea Moisture products, and I've been wanting to try the African Black Soap for a very long time! It is created for "acne prone & troubled skin," which I normally don't have, but I've been having small breakouts on my face as of late, so this should be an interesting try! I also picked up the Lemongrass & Ginger Shea Butter Soap with Orange Peel because it smelled really good. Haha. One bar at Walgreens would cost me $5.49, but because of the deal I only paid $2.75 for each!

Food 4 Less had a deal where you'll receive $5 off if you buy any five mix and match participating items. I did the deal with my sister and I picked up the Herbal Essences Moroccan My Shine Shampoo/Conditioner for $0.50 each after using a coupon.

My sister was very kind enough to give me two Caress body washes from her stock pile. Yes, my sister is somewhat of an extreme couponer, more so than me. She told me that she didn't like their body washes, so heck, she gave them to me! I love the Caress Daily Silk body wash, so I was excited to get that. I've never tried Endless Kiss, but it smells just as good as the Daily Silk! :)

Something that I use everyday, even when I am not wearing makeup, is facial moisturizer with a high SPF. This is the L'Oreal Paris Advanced Suncare Silky Sheer Face Lotion SPF 50+ that is supposed to provide both UVA and UVB protection. To my knowledge I do not own any facial moisturizers that are water resistant, and I felt like I really needed to invest in one especially now that it is summer and the likelihood of me going to the beach is very likely. Hopefully this will work out for me this summer since there are many written reviews of people enjoying it.

Last but not least, I purchased two Wet N Wild Fergie Shimmer Palettes in "Rose Golden Goddess" and "Rose Champagne Gold." Both are very shimmery, but I still need to give it some more time and try them before I write a review. One of them already fell out of it's bulky pan. :(  I also purchased a Stila Custom Color Blush on 6pm.com when it was on sale for $4.99. I have yet to try this product.


That's it for my summer beauty haul...for now! ;) What summer products have you purchased that we all need?! 




In Other News...

  • I apologize for the lack of posts! I started babysitting last week, and it has taken every ounce of energy out of me! It is not likely for me to bring my laptop because I honestly have no time alone unless I am using the restroom or sleeping. No lie. Haha! :)
    • I took the kids to the fair yesterday and I totally forgot to put sunblock on my neck and chest, so I got sunburn! It hurts so much! 
  • I got my June Ipsy bag yesterday while I was away! Expect a post sometime this weekend! :)
  • Happy almost Friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...