Thursday, June 19, 2014

REVIEW: Wet N Wild Fergie Shimmer Palettes!

Hi everyone,
One of my favorite drugstore brands is Wet N Wild due to their affordable, great quality blushes, lipsticks, and eye shadows. I have never tried any product from the Wet N Wild Fergie line before, so I thought I would pick something up from that line when there was a sale at Walgreens a few weeks ago. As much of a lip addict that I am, I am also always drawn to blushes and bronzers. Wet N Wild Fergie has three Fergie Shimmer Bricks available from the Centerstage Collection, and I picked up two: Rose Champagne Gold and Rose Golden Goddess.

L to R: Rose Champagne Gold and Rose Golden Goddess

These are bulky palettes as seen below. I think the excess black packaging is unnecessary, and makes the product as something that I wouldn't want to carry around with me while I am travelling.

Rose Champagne Glow is a pink champagne, good for a highlighter.


Be warned that this is called a SHIMMER palette for a reason! It is very shimmery. I do not wear highlighters on my face, so I thought I would try it out as a blush, and it's too shimmery for my liking. It will look good as a highlighter though if you use a small amount.


Rose Golden Goddess - rose gold! 


Despite the packaging being bulky with the thought that it'll be sturdy, the face product fell out of its packaging when I first opened this one! Not cool! -__-'

SHIMMER, SHIMMER. Not my thing, but summer is the best time to wear that shimmer! I'm not the biggest fan when it comes to face products with a lot of shimmer because it makes my skin look 1. dirty and 2. sickly. I don't like wasting, and I'm pretty sure I threw the receipt away, so what I think I'll do in the future is wear this under a matte bronzer to make it less shimmery.

It's interesting though because if you swatch these two palettes on your hand, they look really pretty with a satin finish, and it doesn't look like there's any shimmer. However, when you wear it on your face, you're not using a heavy hand to apply the product as when you are hand swatching it, so the thin layer of product on your face will show the details within the hand swatches you didn't see before. This would look gorgeous as eye shadows!


PROS:
  • Inexpensive. ~$5.99 each, but usually on sale.
  • Rose Champagne Glow is a nice highlighter when used with a light hand.
  • Could be used as eye shadows if packed on lids.
CONS:
  • Too shimmery for my own personal liking. 
    • I do like Rose Champagne Glow the best, and will continue to use it with a much lighter hand. 
    • I find that a product that gives off a shimmery glow will make your face look as if it has dirt on it. 
    • I felt that the Rose Golden Goddess made my skin look extremely aged.
  • Cheap and bulky packaging
I will not purchase this again in the future. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...