Saturday, June 21, 2014

REVIEW: Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Stick Foundation

Hi everyone!
I've been babysitting two of my cousins all month long, and I absolutely have no time to spend all the time in the world to get ready. They are 8 and 10 years old, and although we mostly stay indoors, there are a few days where we do go out. I've been travelling lightly every time I come over to babysit (I stay overnight for two nights) because I don't have the time to pack and unpack all my beauty products each week I come over to their house. I always go to concealer when I'm in a rush for time, but I've been recently using the Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Stick Foundation ($8.99) to cover my dark circles and make my face a little less dead--kids drain the energy out of me! I purchased it a while back during the new year, but I didn't really use it a lot until now.

I have dry/normal skin, and this is a great foundation if you want something that is light weight that provides light-medium coverage. The core of the stick is supposed to dissolve oil, leaving your face looking shine-free.


Because it's a gel formula, it settles into your skin, making your makeup look very natural.



Here is a before photo of me. You can see that I have baggy eyes, dark circles, freckles, moles, and uneven skin tone.

After picture. My skin looks less dead!!! My skin tone looks even (cheeks look less red, forehead looks less tan), but my freckles and moles are still visible. This foundation gives me a "your face but better" look where it "photoshops" you in a way to make your face look enhanced in a good and natural way.

PROS:

  • Travel-friendly - This is so convenient when you are on the go! This has been my go-to face product all month long ever since I started babysitting. 
  • Easy to use - No brush required! I twist up the stick, apply it all over my face, and then use my fingers to blend it out. It only takes a minute or less to apply this foundation which is great for people who are always on the go!
  • Not drying - I have dry/normal skin, and I was afraid that this foundation would accentuate my fine lines since it's not a cream or liquid foundation that I tend to gravitate. This gel formula foundation works well on my skin where it blends easily and doesn't dry out my skin even more. The finish for this foundation stick could be described as semi-matte (shine free), but it's not drying!
CONS:
  • Poor coverage - This foundation doesn't provide the best coverage, but I like it because it's summer, and I prefer to wear lighter makeup since I sweat more. I do wish it has a little more coverage since it does feel a little thin, but overall I enjoy using this foundation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...