Thursday, June 26, 2014

REVIEW: It's Judy Time Eyeshadow Palette by BH Cosmetics

I have finally gotten my hands on the It's Judy Time Eyeshadow Palette by BH Cosmetics ($14.95). I am a long time fan of Judy and her family, and was ecstatic when I found out she released an eyeshadow palette with BH Cosmetics. She has amazing makeup on all the time, and I love watching her beauty videos and vlogs. I kept telling myself that I didn't need another palette when her palette came out at the end of last year, but I finally caved in recently (in June! :P) and purchased it when there was a free shipping deal on the BH Cosmetics website. Hah! Their shipping is so ridiculously priced at $8 for just U.S. orders alone. International shipping? Forget it! I don't even want to know! Even at $15 + the $8 shipping isn't bad at all for this great quality palette, but hey, I'm a deal seeker, remember? :P

The palette itself is slick since it's small and easy to travel with. I personally don't like the black matte finish packaging since it can get dirty easily. For example, you can already see that I have fingerprints all over the bottom of the palette. What I do like about the packaging is the gold embossing, and that the palette is very travel-friendly.

Inside you'll find yourself a mirror that almost covers the whole width of the palette with her "Natural is beautiful, but makeup is glam" slogan, and 12 beautiful eyeshadows with different finishes.


Here's a closer look at all 12 of the shadows! Click on any photo to enlarge if needed.
First thing I noticed about this palette is that there are no names for each shadow. I think it's so fun when makeup products have names, but unfortunately these don't.

A closer look at the left side of the palette.

Swatches of the left side of the palette:
Top Row: A matte ivory, matte light brown, satin medium brown
Bottom Row: satin gold, satin copper, shimmer/satin black purple (similar to Blackheart in Naked 3)

Right side of the palette!

Top Row: matte peachy brown, matte burgandy brown, semi-matte/shimmer (gold specks) chocolate brown
Bottom Row: satin lavender, satin blue purple, satin royal blue



Example of an eye look I wore using this palette.

PROS:
  • Versatile. This palette reminds me a lot of the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette that came out during late winter this year, and I love that palette because it's so versatile with unique shades and finishes. Even with 12 shadows, Judy was able to make this palette very easy to use. You can combine any shade(s) with each other to create a beautiful eyelook. I'm glad she included some matte shades along with the other satin and shimmer shades.
  • Pigmented + easy to blend. I was really worried that this palette wouldn't swatch or be as pigmented as I would hope, but luckily this palette is pigmented. The richest in colors are the satin gold and satin copper shadows, and the least are the mattes. 
CONS:
  • Small shadows, mediocre packaging. I wished each shadow was named, and I wished that the packaging of the palette wouldn't leave behind finger marks. It's not a big bother to me because the quality of the shadow is what I care most about. The shadows also look very small in comparison to MAC and other single eye shadows, but overall it is still an amazing price though!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...