Monday, June 16, 2014

Ipsy Bag - June 2014

UPDATE: I unsubscribed to ipsy feeling after thinking about how I'd rather save $10 each month to save for something that I really want to invest my money towards.


I'm probably a little late on revealing what I received in my Ipsy bag this month, but I'll do it anyway just because it's fun!

If you are unfamiliar with Ipsy, it is a $10 + tax + free shipping monthly subscription service where you will receive a bag filled with 4-5 selected deluxe/full size beauty (skincare, fragrance, cosmetics, cosmetic tools) products garnered towards your taste based on a personalized quiz you take. You can find out further information or sign up on their website: http://www.ipsy.com/

This month's theme is "Pretty in Paradise."

 The bag this month is quite pretty. Designed by Rebecca Minkoff for Ipsy, the print sends me to a tropical vacation with its cute pineapples and dragon plants!

The first thing I pulled out of my bag was this little sample of perfume called REALTREE by Her. This was in its own separate bag, and some of the perfume had leaked out of the bottle. The smell itself reminds me a lot of a sweet cherry blossom tree. I do like the smell of it, but I don't need another perfume since I recently just purchased a new one, and I still have lots of other ones I need to use. Great smell though!

My bag also came with a full size Ofra Universal Eyebrow Pencil ($13). The color isn't an exact match for my brows, but this pencil is creamy! I was afraid that I would be pulling at my hairs as I brush and draw my brows on, but it's delightful to use as it's not too waxy and harsh like some others I've tried (i.e. Revlon!)

I already own one of the NYX Butter Glosses, and they work well! This is Creme Brulee, which is a nudey pink shade. Like it's name, it is very buttery and glossy! It also smells like vanilla!

I also received a hair product by Marc Anthony called, "Dream Waves Beach Spray," and it's supposed to give you beachy and wavy hair. I have yet to try this out, but I'm hoping it's nothing like my Garnier Fructis Beach Chic Texturizing Spray which I will review sometime this week. 

Last but not least, I received a full size Be A Bombshell Lash Out Mascara which I'm not too excited about. I am always willing to try new mascaras, but the packaging for this product feels so cheap and hollow, and the smell of the mascara is horrible. Horrible smelling mascaras usually don't work out for me, but who knows? Maybe this one will surprise me.


And that is it for my June Ipsy bag! Do I think it's worth $10. Yes, everything is either a deluxe or full size item, so it's worth my $10. Did you get any of the same items as I did?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...