Monday, May 19, 2014

Manicure Monday: China Glaze - Are You Jelly?

Not a favorite of mine, but I wore China Glaze's "Are You Jelly?" this past weekend. I picked this up along with the rest of the China Glaze Neon Sunsational Jelly set on the Cherry Culture website back in March in hopes that I will get true beautiful jellies, but instead the set including this fuchsia purple were huge letdowns. In case you don't know what a jelly is, it is a polish that creates a semi-transparent/clear finish similar to the food, jello. This does not mean that it's sheer!

"Are You Jelly" is sheer though. I am wearing four coats of the color. FOUR! That's how crazy thin this formula is! I found the formula to be bad, and very watery, and I noticed I had uneven layers of the polish once my nails dried. Not cute! It's too bad the color is gorgeous though! Moral of this really short review: do not get this polish!




In Other News...
  • Expect swatches of a few Maybelline Colorsensational lipsticks sometime this week.
  • I am glad we are getting a break from the hot and dry climate. Last week was horrible as I was sick with the cold, and was forced to deal with prepping for a wildfire evacuation. I fortunately and unfortunately live next to a huge canyon, so you can bet that my emotions were running high! I am grateful that my family and home are safe! Thank you to our wonderful firefighters for braving through the crazy fires!


1 comment:

  1. The color is beautiful. I would have definitely bought this had the formula been good. Thanks for the review. And no I am not jelly now! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...