Tuesday, April 8, 2014

REVIEW: Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream in "Light-Medium"

Hi everyone,
Today's review is on the Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream in "Light-Medium." I purchased this through the Yes To... website, and this is what Yes To... states about this CC cream:



"Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream is a natural, lightweight, color correcting formula with so many awesome benefits we had to make a list (who doesn't love lists?):
  • Provides instant, light coverage with natural pigments
  • Helps correct skin tone
  • Increases luminosity and radiance with evodia fruit
  • Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
  • Protects SPF 18 broad spectrum
  • Moisturizes and keeps skin supple and fresh
  • Promotes smoother and softer looking skin with grapefruit" - Yes to...
I thought it was cool when Yes To... released their Grapefruit line including the CC cream. I enjoy using Yes To... products, so I was hoping the CC cream would do my skin justice. This is the only CC (color correcting) cream I've tried, so I have nothing to compare it to. I have worn this several times already, so hopefully I can give you a clear view of how I feel about this product.

This CC cream comes in two shades: light and light-medium. I chose the light-medium since I am closer to the medium spectrum. There's 1.7 fl. oz. in this bottle, and it nicely comes with a pump! Thank goodness for pumps!



The first time I tried this out I knew that the color would be too dark for my skin. You can see that light-medium isn't light-medium based on the color you see in the bottle!

This is my bare face sans makeup. I have uneven skin tone on my forehead (thanks to being outside walking too often), and huge eye bags. My skin looks quite light in this photo, but I guarantee you that it's due to my makeup lamp light.

A closer look. Talk about freckles, moles and dry skin! :P The color doesn't seem too bad against my skin.

I used the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to blend out the CC cream. This is what my face looks like with flash! It looks pretty flawless with the exception of a little shine from the SPF, but you can tell that this shade is too dark for me.

Here's a closer look with flash photography. It definitely gives a nice radiant look. In terms of application, it took a while to blend since the formula is very watery.

Without flash I am glowing, but that's a big difference from the previous pictures. I look more natural (and yellow) in this picture in comparison to the others where I look darker.


The CC cream is quite thin, and doesn't do a good job at covering up my dry patches. Again it is difficult to blend, but I like that it gives my face a glow.

You can see my cheek is way darker than the rest of my face. I tried building this product up, but it's no use because the first layer is going to come off. The Yes To... CC cream dries fast, so it makes it more difficult to blend the CC cream into the skin and add layers.


PROS
  • Be warned that there is a light fruity scent. I personally like the scent
  • Lightweight. My face feels very light and non-cakey.
  • It gives off a nice radiant glow.
  • It provides moisture for the skin, making it feel smooth and soft. You'll survive without wearing a facial moisturizer underneath.
  • It comes in a pump which makes application easier.
CONS
  • Very sheer and light coverage. It's lightweight, but sheer so it doesn't cover do a good job at covering up blemishes or dry areas. 
  • It is difficult to build up. 
    • The formula seems to be diluted because it feels super wet. It dries up quickly though, but because it does, it becomes difficult to blend and add layers to cover up certain areas. Again, once you try adding another layer for coverage, the previous layer(s) will rub off, making it impossible to build up.
  • From a distance my skin looks great, from a closeup, my skin looks bad. 
  • This CC cream does contain SPF which is a plus, but it will make your face look shiny. I have dry skin and so it gives my face a glow, but even with flash my skin looks shinier than I want it to be.
  • There was  and still is a lack in color range. There is a pink undertone in the light-medium shade in case you are wondering which is why I look how I look in the flash photo.
  • Expensive. $15.99 regular price. Enough said.


I will not be repurchasing this in the future, and I personally wouldn't recommend it especially for the price even though there's a lot of product in a bottle. I would say skip it and stick to your favorite BB cream or foundation, as this didn't do anything for my skin.



Be sure to follow me on Instagram: @thedimpledgirl for more pics, deals and other updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...