Thursday, April 3, 2014

REVIEW: Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation in "Soft Beige"

Hi everyone,
I'm sure you've heard a lot about the much talk about Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation. I really wanted to give this a try despite my skin type being dry/normal. People's faces looked so flawless with this foundation on! I purchased the shade "Soft Beige," but it is a little too light for my skin, however it was easily noticeable that this foundation wasn't right for me in terms of formula.


A mousse-y and thick foundation.

Before wearing any foundation.
You can see that I have a few shiny spots, some uneven skin tone, and several freckles.

I am wearing the foundation below. Notice anything different? You can click on the photos to enlarge.
1. My very few freckles are mostly covered in the after photo. 
2. The foundation accentuates the dry areas around my eyes.
3. It uncovered other dry areas that I didn't see before a.k.a. mad my dry patches more noticeable.
4. It evened out my skin tone like on my forehead.

PROS:
  • This foundation provides a great full coverage for your face, covering potentially every freckle, scare or blemish that is on your face. 
  • Because it provides a full coverage, it does a good job at evening out your skin tone, making it look flawless.
  • It is very easy to apply due to the lightness of the mousse texture. You can use your fingers, or a foundation brush to blend it easily
  • I was very surprised to find that you only need a tiny dot of product in order to cover your entire face. Not much is needed for a full coverage which is a plus, since using less will make you look less cakey.
  • It provides a matte finish!
  • Affordable. This retails for $5.49 at most drugstore and super center. 
CONS:
  • This is a great foundation, but it doesn't work for someone like me who has dry skin. It makes my dry patches, especially around the eyes, stand out. It sinks into my dry cracks and makes my face look dry and somewhat cake-y, despite using only a little dab of it. Nevertheless, this is a great product, but not for people who have dry skin.

Try this out if you have oily/combo skin! :)


In Other News...
  • I will be out of town this weekend, so the Drugstore Beauty Weekly Ad + Coupon Match Ups may be delayed or not be updated with newly released coupons. Thanks for understanding.
  • Upcoming reviews include Yes To's CC+ Cream and a Daiso Japan Black Charcoal Mask. 

Be sure to follow me on Instagram: @thedimpledgirl for more pics, deals and other updates!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...