Maybelline claims that this gel eyeliner can last up to 24 hours, is waterproof and smudgeproof.
The gel liner comes in a pot and also comes with a flat tapered eyeliner brush.
The brush is wider than most liner brushes. I prefer using a flat angled liner brush when I use a gel formula since it's easier to make a winged cat eye, but this works fine.
I took the top and bottom photos after wearing it for 5 hours. The liner stayed on for the most part, but it did smudge on my lids making it not smudgeproof.
- Beautiful, intense color! Navy Velvet is absolutely stunning! It makes your eyes stand out a little more in comparison to wearing a black liner.
- Easy to apply. Luckily this liner comes with a nice brush that makes it easy to apply. The liner is indeed very gel-like. It's not too creamy that it smudges right away, and not too rough where it tugs at your lids.
- Waterproof! You will be able to wear this during the spring and summer when you hit the pool or beach! :)
- Smudges. It is not smudgeproof like what the packaging claims.
- Pricey. $9.99 at the drugstore retail price. PRO: Currently $5.99 at Ulta this week only!
Will I be repurchasing this in the future? No. I adore this color, but smudging eye makeup makes me crazy. I recommend using Tarte's Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eyeliner if you are willing to spend a little more money on a good gel eyeliner, and right now you can receive 20% off until the 17th when you use the promo code: BLOOM when you check out. You can read my review on that liner HERE.