Thursday, March 27, 2014

REVIEW: Rimmel Stay Blushed! Liquid Cheek Tints!

Hi everyone! Have any of you seen the new Rimmel Stay Blushed! Liquid Cheek Tints ($2.98)??? I've been on the hunt for these ever since they came out a couple of months ago, and I've finally found them at Walmart! There are five shades, but I only picked up three: Apricot Glow, Peach Flush and Pop of Pink. I thoroughly enjoy using the NYX Rouge Cream Blushes, so I was hoping that these would be great too since it's not powder!

They come in little cute tubes that resemble sample tubes, but there's 0.47 fl. oz. of product (14 mL).

Although Rimmel states that these are "Liquid Cheek Tints," I find them to be more of a cream formula that melts at the tip of your fingers and on your face due to the warmth of the skin. 

On paper the colors appear as so:
Apricot Peach - Orange 
Peach Flush - Pinky Orange
Pop of Pink - Watermelon Pink

On arm and also on my face Apricot Glow appears pinky coral like NARS' Orgasm. Peach Flush looks like peach and Pop of Pink reminds me of a watermelon pink.

Here is how it looks without being blended out.

Swatches under different flash settings


It is best to apply the blush using your fingers and then blending it out with a stipple brush. I love the using the small e.l.f. stipple brush for any kind of non-powder blush.


PROS:
  • Scent - If you do not like scented cosmetics, this will not be for you. These blushes smell strongly sweet (of floral). I personally like the scent because I find it pleasant. The smell does fade away once you blend it out on your face
  • Light weight - I personally like using powder blushes more than cream, liquid and mousse blushes because I feel that they feel most light weight on my face. No one wants to feel like they are wearing layers and layers of makeup, especially if you are wearing a full coverage foundation. These blushes are pretty light weight on the face, more so than the NYX Rouge Cream Blushes, but I believe that is because these are less opaque. They are considered "tints" so I don't expect them to be super vibrant.
  • Good pigmentation, although not the best.
CONS

  • Dries too quickly. Difficult to blend. Difficult to build up.  Drying up too quickly can be good or bad, but I think it's a bad thing. It makes blending out the blush more difficult, and it makes intensifying the color a problem. The first layer will rub off once it dries up and you add another layer of blush. If you look at the "blended" swatches above you'll notice as if there were some pigmentation missing like part of the swatches were rubbed off, which is exactly what happens. Coverage is sheer once it is blended out, but it's hard to make it more opaque due to the above problems. How do you solve these problems? Work faster!

Do I recommend these? I wouldn't buy anymore of them, but I do love Apricot Glow a lot, and wear it a lot. I've learned to work fast when I use these blushes, so I can have a nice healthy glow on my cheeks! They are also only $2.98, so maybe that's also something to consider! :)


Be sure to follow me on Instagram: @thedimpledgirl for more pics, deals and other updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...