Wednesday, March 5, 2014

REVIEW: Physicians Formula Super CC+ Color-Correction + Care CC+ Concealer

This Super CC+ Color-Correction + Care CC+ Concealer by Physicians Formula (PF) has a long name! Any who, PF released several new Super CC+ products in January after the holidays have ended, and these Super CC+ Products have SPF 30 and is supposed to be "the next generation of multi-functional complexion correctiors" where it corrects our imperfections, warm up our skin tone, decrease our redness and brighten and illuminate our skin, making it more youthful and flawless according to the PF website. Wow. That sounds stellar huh?



I knew I wanted to pick up their concealer instead of the powder and cream because I'm not much of a powder person, and I love using concealers! Their claim seemed to grab onto me as well, although I'm always skeptical about almost every product I try that is recently released. The concealer is considered light weight and should even out skintones and cover up our imperfections.



This concealer is packaged similarly to Stila's Lip Glaze lip glosses where it comes in a pen-like wand. You have to twist the pink part in order to get product flowing through to the brush applicator. The brush itself has bristles and is supposed to help the concealer glide onto the skin easily.

Now for my opinion...

I personally do not like this product. I like to wear concealers on its on sometimes when I'm in a hurry or not in a mood to wear a lot of makeup, therefore it is important for me to find a good concealer that has great coverage and can last me throughout the day. For this concealer, there is only ONE SHADE in this line. Yes, ONE SHADE in "light/medium" so if you have very fair skin tone or even medium or darker (like myself) skin tone, this will probably not work for you.  It does a mediocre job at covering my dark circles, and the reason being is because the formula is so sheer. It is difficult to build up since it's sheer, but once you build it up to your liking, you'll notice that it will bring attention to your dry patches and fine lines which is a no-no. Note that this cannot be worn alone. I couldn't even try wearing it by itself because it made me look as if I had super hyper pigmentation skin. Will it brighten up your face? Eh. It'll be noticeable that you are wearing something underneath your eyes since the color may not match your skin tone if you're not light or light-medium skin. What is this concealer good for then? Highlighting the cupid's bow and the bridge of the nose. I like having some lightness around those areas just so my face looks a little more defined. This concealer will probably work much better for someone who is light to light/medium skin. 

PROS:
  • Good for highlighting your cupid's bow and nose
CONS:
  • One shade only - "light/medium"
  • Sheer
  • Poor coverage
  • Sinks into fine lines and accentuates them.



3 comments:

  1. thanks for posting this, I want to buy this concealer but due to it comes in only one shade I don't know if it'll match my skin tone, I'm between fair and light, what would you recommend me? :) thank you like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Evy! Thank you for reading! This concealer might be a tad too dark for you. I recommend trying the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. Here's the concealer on Ulta's website if you want to check it out:
      http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod2980149 It comes in both fair and light shades, and it does a great job at brightening beneath the eyes and covering blemishes. The Maybelline Fit Me Concealer is my favorite drugstore concealer, and is affordable! :) I hope this helps!

      Delete
  2. My skin tone is fair and i buy super cc+ 02 because this one shade is available in market but its not suits on me plz give me your opinion what i should buy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...