Tuesday, March 25, 2014

REVIEW: L'Oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector Pore Vanisher

Hi everyone,
Today's review is going to be on the fairly new L'Oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector Pore Vanisher that will supposedly shrink your pores within a month of daily use. Here's what L'Oreal Paris states about this product:

"How does it work?
Pore Vanisher™ works on three dimensions to shrink pores: depth*, number and size. Instantly pores appear virtually vanished and skin feels hydrated. Perlite absorbs excess oil for an all-day, shine free, smooth finish. In one day LHA micro-exfoliates to visibly smooth skin’s surface. In one month pores begin to snap back into shape as our highest concentration of Perline-P strengthens and tightens pore walls to shrink actual pore size. " - L'Oreal Paris USA

Image source: lorealparisusa.com


Sounds really good right? Here's the thing about my skin: I don't have many pores, just some around the areas of my nose, so why did I pick it up? As simply put, I wanted to have nice smooth skin! Even though I don't have many pores, I do have bags, lines and a few dry patches on my face. My skin isn't perfect! Technically this could be used as a primer also, which is what I do. I usually wear this over my moisturizer and under my foundation, BB cream or concealer. 




I apply this cream around my nose area first because I want to make sure my pores are "filled in," and then I start spreading the product out the center of my face. You only need a dime size amount of product to cover up your entire face. The texture of this pore vanisher is gel-like where it applies effortlessly onto the skin, and the finish of this product is semi-matte. There is a really light tint to this product, but it won't do anything to your skin tone, so no worries there.

PROS:
  • Fills in pores and makes them look less noticeable.
  • Affordable. $19.99 (Target, Walmart, etc. - $24.99 (drugstores) for 1.4 fl. oz. of product.
  • Doesn't break out my skin. My skin type: normal/dry yet also sensitive 
  • 1.4 mL
  • Easy to apply! Gel/Silicone-like texture glides onto the skin easily.
    • Leaves the skin feeling smooth and even!
CONS:
  • I wish it had SPF!
In terms of whether or not my pores "shrank", I can't say that they have, but I will say that my skin has been improving since a month or two ago, and the pores around my nose look better as in they are less visible, but that could be due to many things including diet, exercise and other skin care products that I use. 

Will you be picking this up?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...