Tuesday, February 4, 2014

REVIEW: Tarte Cosmetics Be MATTEnificient Palette

Hi everyone!

This review is going to be on Tarte Cosmetics' Be MATTEnificent palette that just came out last month. The idea of this palette is that everything is made out of Amazonian colored clay and is matte! The palette comes with 6 limited edition eye shadows, 1 blush and 2 eye liners that can also double up as eye shadows. The clay is suppose to mattify your face by giving it a smooth and even texture. Additionally the clay is suppose to make the product stay on longer and brighten up the skin.

This palette retails for $36 and you can purchase this at Ulta, Sephora or on Tarte's website.

The packaging it absolutely stunning! Look at that purple mineral-esque cover!


A look on the inside. I'm so glad it comes with a mirror and a brush!

Double ended brush similar to the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette except a smaller version! A flat side and a fluffy side (good for crease area)!

A look at the palette in natural lighting. These are cool tone shades.

The palette with flash photography. 


Elevated - a gorgeous matte mauve blush! This will complement many different skin colors!
Sand Out From the Crowd - Ivory with pink undertones
Peach for the Stars - Peachy nude
Two Plums - plum purple!
Pink Outside the Box - Soft pink
Rose to the Occassion - Rosy pink
View from the Taupe - Taupe!

Swatches! Click on the photo to expand.

And the two liners/eye shadows:

My thoughts? Great shadows. I really thought that I wouldn't have liked this palette because there are a lot of cool tone shades that I thought wouldn't look good on me, but to my surprise I have been enjoying using this palette. The colors are easy to work with as they are very blendable, buildable and are pigmented, especially for matte shades. "Sand Out from the Crowd" is a little powdery which isn't a big problem, and the color is gorgeous to wear under the brow bone or at the inner corner of the eyes. 

This palette screams out to me "Valentine's Day". Yup, this palette is so romantic and sweet. I love that soft looks and bold looks can be created out of this simple 8-shadow and blush palette. The shadows and the blush are very long-wearing! I do wear an eye primer every time I wear eye shadow, but I've used this palette many times and have worn it all day without any problems! This stuff stays on all freaking day! I do own several Tarte palettes that include shadows and blushes, and have never had an issue with them, but I was amazed at this palette because its entirety is matte! 

Do I recommend this product? Yes!

Here's a look I did using 1. Pink Outside the Box on the lid 2. View From the Taupe on the outer corner of my eyes 3.A little bit of Two Plums in the crease and blended out 4. And Sand Out From the Crowd on the brow bone and inner corner of my eyes. Elevated blush on my cheeks! :)


Does anyone else love this palette as much as I do? Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...