Friday, February 14, 2014

REVIEW: Make Up For Ever Professional Aqua Shadow

Hi everyone,
I am reviewing the Make Up For Ever Professional Aqua Shadows that I purchased from Sephora on Black Friday. Unfortunately they do not sell the duo that I got anymore, so each Aqua Shadow retails for $20. An Aqua Shadow is basically an eye shadow on a stick that is waterproof.


I got two Aqua Shadows: 20E (Pearly Taupe) and 28E (Pearly Beige).


Swatches:
28E Pearly Beige: satin champagne finish
20E Pearly Taupe - satin taupe finish





These Aqua Shadows apply very similarly to the Maybelline Color Tattoos with the exception that these are on a stick and the Color Tattoos are in a pot. The texture of the Aqua Shadows are semi-creamy which allows for easy blending and easy building. A good thing I noticed  is that there is no creasing whenever I use this. Like the Color Tattoos, once they are applied to the lids, they settle/dry into your skin quickly, so you have to work fast. These are indeed waterproof even if you use your fingers to rub it it won't budge underwater. I personally prefer it if these were in pots since the warmth of my fingers will melt the shadow and allow for easier and longer application. These are pretty pricey coming up at $20 a piece whereas a Maybelline Color Tattoo (also waterproof) is approximately $6 or $7. Overall I like these Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadows, and I can't wait to rock these two colors during the summer, but I will most likely not buy them again since they are pricey. If you are unsure whether or not you want to invest in these, try going to a Sephora store to test them out and see for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...