Wednesday, February 12, 2014

REVIEW: Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer!

Hi everyone! The week is almost over, and I have another review for you! I am a concealer junkie, so this review is going to be on a concealer that I picked up for myself from Sephora during the holidays called the Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer ($17).

This is a liquid concealer that will help smooth out your skin and "minimize the look of fine lines and wrinkles" according it its page on Sephora. It's also suppose to provide moisture, reduce redness, even out your skin tone, and provide long lasting coverage. Why did I get drawn into this? I love concealers, since I am a criminal in having eye bags and dark circles. But mainly I made this purchase because the texture felt very similar to the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer which I always rave about on this blog. I tested it out at Sephora, and I loved how blendable and smooth the formula was.

I have to say that I really enjoy using this concealer. The color that I purchased is in "medium beige" which has yellow undertones.

The wand is similar to the Maybelline Fit Me concealer where it's similar to a lip gloss wand.

Here's a look at my bare face. You can see I have some freckles on my cheeks and I have huge eye bags! I have a few pimple scares near my brows and on my chin. Yes, this is how I look when I wake up! Sorry!

I like to apply this concealer in dot form all over the "problem" areas including around my nose since I have some redness there.

Using my fingers I blend out the concealer and wallah! My skin looks much better than it did before! My skin tone appears even, and my bags appear a little smaller.  I tend to wear concealer whenever I don't wear foundation. If you're like me, then this concealer will provide you great coverage!

PROS:
  • Creamy. Again, this concealer reminds me of my favorite drugstore Maybelline Fit Me concealer. The creaminess allows for easy blendability and makes the concealer buildable. It's not extremely creamy to the point where it goes into your fine lines. This Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer does dry at a good rate.
  • Great coverage. It can cover probably anything you want! If one layer doesn't work, add another layer, and so forth!
  • It doesn't go into fine lines!
  • The texture of the concealer feels so nice and smooth after it has settled onto the skin.
  • It feels hydrating. This is a pro about using cream/liquid concealer. which is why I recommend using a cream/liquid concealer. I notice a lot of stick concealers or concealers that are found in pots tend to dry out my skin. 


CONS:
  • If you have a lot of dry patches on your skin, avoid this product! I currently have dry skin on my top lids and near my waterline, and this concealer will accentuate those dry patches! In fact, they will make it appear brighter and make it more noticeable.
  • It's on the pricey end. $17 for a concealer is a lot, but then again I know that Physicians Formula has a few new concealers that are $13. If that's the case I would go ahead and pay a little more for possibly something better, but at the same time, there are a few great concealers out there for a very affordable price like the Maybelline Fit Me concealer ($5.49 at most Targets!). 

Do I recommend this product? Yes, it's a great concealer! Will I buy it again? Not sure, since the Maybelline Fit Me is way cheaper! Probably not then, huh? 

In Other News...
  • I will have a review on the new Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick (in "Warm Nude") posted sometime next week. 
  • I'm currently testing out the new Maybelline Wonder Powder. A lot of Maybelline stuff! I'll be soon testing out new concealers from Physicians Formula as well.
  • Demi Lovato's concert is tomorrow in Anaheim! I'm sooooOOoo excited! I regret not buying glow in the dark makeup for the concert. 
  • I'm going to my first ever yoga class tonight! :) Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Loved this review, thank you!!! I'm trying this out tonight and super excited!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...