Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Monthly Favorites: February!

Can this year go by any faster!? For some reason I keep thinking that yesterday was still New Year's! Any way, since the month is ending, it's time to share with you my monthly beauty favorites! I have quite a lot more favorites this month than the past several months, but that's because I've been breaking out some new and a few old products from my makeup collection!

Watch the video in HD below and/or read on!


Click on photo to expand.

  1. Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil ($46) - I'm sure this is the billionth time I've mentioned this product, but I absolutely enjoy using this as my night time moisturizer. It's pure oil that is suppose to moisturize your skin, diminish fine lines and correct skin tone. This oil really hydrates my face throughout the night while I am sleeping because the next morning my face isn't dried out like prunes! Haha! My face has been looking healthier ever since I've added this in my night time skincare regimen, and I highly recommend it!
  2. L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifer BB Cream in "Medium" ($7.99) - This is perhaps my favorite BB cream out of many that I have tried. This is different that most BB creams I own because it leaves a nice semi-matte finish, and coverage for this face product is moderate where small blemishes can be covered. This BB cream appears white, but it has beads that will change the product into a certain skin tone shade once you blend it throughout your face. 
  3. Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer in "Medium Beige" ($17.00) - It's pretty pricey for a concealer, but it works well at hiding those imperfections I want to cover. I find it quite similar to the Maybelline FitMe Concealer that I love so much, except that this is just more expensive. It does go into the fine lines a little, but not so much that I would hate it. I love that it's creamy and easy to blend. If you're like me, I like to just wear concealer alone sometimes and this one is great if you want to spend a little extra cash! :) You can read my full review HERE on this product.
  4. Too Faced  Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder ($15 Travel Size) - One of my favorite bronzers aside from the NYC Bronzer! This indeed smells like chocolate, and this is great to contour your face with since it is matte! I have nothing else to say about this except it works very well and stays on my face all day on top of my foundation/BB cream.
  5. Yes To Grapefruit Dark Spot Correcting Creme ($9.99) - Finally a body creme that isn't too thick! I own a body butter from The Body Shop that I consider quite heavy, and I personally don't like having thick layers of lotion or creme on my skin. This Yes To body creme is made for me. I love that it hydrates my skin and leaves it nice and smooth! This is also suppose to correct dark spots on the skin, but I've never really looked out for that since  don't notice any dark spot on my body with the exception of some uneven skin tone on my face.
  6. Revlon Lash Potion Mascara ($7.99) - I like semi-dry mascaras because I feel like they do a better job at separating the lashes and thoroughly coating them. The Revlon Lash Potion has a huge standard brush that locks to me lash roots and separates and coats them from top to bottom! It gives lots of volume and sometimes only one coat is needed since it can get clumpy easily (a con).
  7. Wet N Wild Color I-Con in "Comfort Zone" ($4.99) - If you are ever looking for inexpensive eyeshadows with great pigmentation and quality, try Wet N Wild! For only $5 you get such rich pigmentation even without a primer. WNW also carry trios if you can't find an 8-pan palette that works for you. You can read my full review HERE on this product.
  8. Tarte "Be MATTEnificent" Palette ($36) - A completely matte palette with great smooth eye shadows and a blush made out of amazonian clay. This palette will be what I'll be bringing along when I travel. The colors are cool-toned shades that rings out "romance". Pigmentation is there, blendability is there. Two thumbs up. You can read my full review HERE on this product.
  9. Milani Power Lip in "Pink Lemonade" ($6.49) - This is a new product that Milani just released this past month at the drugstores, and I'm loving it. This product is hydrating, long lasting and has so much color that your lips will stand out among everything else that you'll be wearing on your face! There's a little grittiness to the product though that I noticed whenever I wear it, but overall I've been loving this lip product! You can read my full review HERE on this product.
  10. Milani Statement Lipstick in "Nude Creme" ($5.49) - Milani lipsticks look so classy in it's gold packaging! This among all the other Milani Statement Lipsticks I own are very much like "real" lipsticks where it is semi-hydrating, but gives your face a whole new look. The "Nude Creme" is a little too light for my skin, but I've been wearing it all month with #11 to give my lips a beautiful neutral color.
  11. Tarte Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss in "Chic" (No longer sold) - I've been topping this gloss over the "Nude Creme" by Milani this past month. These two together are just amazeballs! This gloss in particular is a little thick, but not too sticky. I purchased it in a set two holiday seasons ago, and it still works wonders for my lips. Unfortunately Tarte no longer sells Maracuja lip glosses anymore.
That's it for my beauty monthly favorites for February. Any recommendations or favorites I should try out? Let me know! :)

P.S. Happy early March!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...