Monday, February 10, 2014

Manicure Monday Tutorial: Leopard Print Valentine's Day Inspired Nails!

Happy ManiMonday!

It's a brand new week, and I got a nail tutorial to share with you today for Manicure Monday. It's been very long since I've done a post for ManiMonday, but since Valentine's Day is this Friday, I thought I'd do some nail art for the special holiday. It was very easy for me to learn how to do leopard prints on my nails a couple of years ago and because of Valentine's Day, I thought it'll be cool to do my nails in leopard print but in colors that might speak out "love"!



You only need three nail polish colors, a top coat, a dotting tool or toothpick, and something to dab some nail polish on (like a notecard)! A light color as your base, a darker color for the spots/prints, and an even darker color for the outline of the spots/prints.

(1) Paint your nails with your lightest color. (2) Put some drops of the next darker color on a notecard, and draw uneven blobs on your nails  using a (4) dotting tool or toothpick. These will represent the spots! (5) Take the darkest color and add a few drops on your notecard. Again, take the dotting tool or a toothpick and dip it into the drops and outline the spots, leaving gaps. This does not have to look neat or even! Last but not least, take a top coat and  put a layer over each nail and wallah! 

*Be sure to let your nails dry before adding another layer or color! :)*

You'll notice in the video that I used the NYC Top Coat instead of the Essie one. Haha. Whoops! Watch in HD!

Polishes I used:
- Sation Nail Lacquer in "Of Corset I'll Call You"
- O.P.I. Nail Lacquer in "Planks A Lot"
- O.P.I. Nail Lacquer in "My Address is 'Hollywood'"
- N.Y.C. - Long Wearing Extra Shiny Top Coat


Good luck, and have a great Monday and happy early Valentine's Day! :)


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful manicure! I like the color combination and the leopard print design. For some reason I get turned off by the mix of red and pink for Valentine's day and prefer the two colors separately, so I definitely like this! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...