Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Top 10 Drugstore Makeup of 2013!

Happy New Year everyone! A whole year has passed, and I am looking forward to 2014 with lots of excitement. This past year I have tried out a lot of makeup including high end and drugstore brands. This post is going to be my top 10 Drugstore Makeup of 2013 that I have enjoyed using most!


Primer is important in keeping your makeup intact throughout the day or evening. This Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro primer applies like lotion (and smells like it!) and is supposed to smooth out your skin, mattify your face and protect it. This is a great primer for a great inexpensive price (~$7-8)

This is my favorite drugstore foundation. In comparison to the Revlon Colorstay 24 Hours, this Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 does a better job in keeping my face moisturized. This product is a foundation, concealer and primer in one as indicated by the "3-in-1" ($8-$10). It's very easy to blend and leaves my skin feeling smooth and flawless!

You can't beat a $1 eye shadow primer. This is the e.l.f. eye shadow primer that you can purchase online or at Target for $1. I've used up several of these already and it works well at keeping my eye shadows on for a long time. The texture of this primer is silky and works great!

I cannot stop wearing this shade of the Revlon Lip Butter! This is called "Berry Smoothie" which is a dark pinky berry color although it doesn't look like it on my hand. Revlon Lip Butters are so slick, smooth, and pigmented. The formula feels thick too, but in a good way! Retails for $6-8.

My favorite concealer of all time is the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. This is the creamiest, most blendable, best coverage drugstore concealer that I have. It does a great job at covering my dark circles and imperfections, and it works better than other high end concealers that I own! I highly recommend this concealer!

Milani creates beautiful baked blushes, and one of my favorites is the "Rose D'Oro" shade, a beautiful shimmery peachy gold! This blush looks amazing during the spring and summer! Retails for $9-10.


NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder - I mention this too often, but this stuff is awesome for being $2.99 at the drugstore! This matte bronzer works well. The shade itself is not too light and not too dark.

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms are one of the best matte lipsticks/jumbo sticks that I have. These are very pigmented and glides easily on the lips. Only one swipe is needed on the lips. Retails for $7-9

Rimmel creates really great eye liners. Pigmented, long wearing, glides on easily, and are easy on the contacts. Out of these three I recommend the brown one the most since it has slight shimmer in it, and really makes your eyes look soft and beautiful. The Scandaleyes liners run for $5.49 at the drugstores.

Maybelline Color Tattoos are so gorgeous! I own five, and all five of them are limited edition. I don't know why I am gravitated towards the LE ones, but look at how rich they are! The formula of these bad boys are so good that you won't have any smudges! It's great to have creamy makeup, but the problem with a really creamy formula is that it tends to glide off or smudge. The Maybelline Color Tattoos actually aren't creamy in my opinion, but they are easy to apply with fingers. If you run your fingers through the swatches, you'll notice that you feel friction against the swatches which is a great indication that smudging is unlikely. Maybelline offers a lot of color selection which is also a plus. One downside is that I find these a little hard to blend, but building up a single color is no problem. Nevertheless, Color Tattoos are a must!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...