Friday, January 17, 2014

Favorite Skincare Products!

How's everyone's resolutions coming along? It's definitely hard to be in the "get fit, get healthy" mindset for me personally right now, but everything is a work in progress! I'm trying to take better care of myself including my skin, and I figured that I would share with you my favorite skin care products in case some of them may work for you! First, my skincare type is considered normal/dry, but I do have sensitive skin; I grew up with eczema with flares every so now and then, and I also have chronic idiopathic urticaria (unknown cause of hives). Second, I want to say that all the products that I recommend in this post could work for any skin type, and that just because I have sensitive skin or dry skin doesn't mean these won't work for you. I've tried many skincare products, and I'm slowly trying to find out what works best for me, and so far the following below has in some way.



  • Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil ($46) - This stuff is amazing. According to the website, this 100% pure maracuja oil contains vitamin C and essential fatty acids that is supposed to hydrate your skin, make it smoother, firmer, brighter and won't cause your face to break out. I was hesitant to buy this at first, but I read the reviews and everyone was raving about it. With my really dry skin causing me to get aggravated, I picked up a bottle at Ulta to try it. My skin has definitely improved over time and use, but I do believe that it's due to a combination of things including drinking more water. My skin looks healthier and feels much smoother than it was before. I love this product because my skin feels very hydrated in the morning when I wake up when typically it would be dry and sometimes flaky. Ew. It is oil, so to me it does feel greasy as you rub it on, but only two to three drops of the oil is needed. It absorbs quickly into the skin, and the oil greasy feeling is gone. I have heard that this works well for people with oily/combination skin too, but of course I can only speak from my perspective. Kudos to Tarte for this oil!
  • Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion ($8.99) - My holy grail. One of my saving grace brands since I was a kid. No joke. Can you imagine me as a kid screaming my head off because my dry nasty eczema caused me to itch like crazy? Yeah, my parents didn't know what to do with me, but my pediatrician recommended my parents to use the Aveeno Eczema Bath Treatment with oatmeal extracts to relieve the itchiness, and boy did it do wonders for my skin! I'm still a long time user of Aveeno with their Daily Moisturizing Lotion that contains oatmeal ingredients and is fragrance free. This lotion is my favorite over the counter non-scented lotion because it makes my skin feel alive instead of looking and feeling like a desert! This lotion moisturizes my body very well and does a great job at relieving itchy areas on my skin. Aveeno does create lotion for babies and for sensitive types, but I don't use the sensitive skin lotion by Aveeno because I've never had problems using their regular Daily Moisturizing Lotion. This is a great, great lotion!
  • Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream ($4.99) -  It's an natural thing for me to use my Aveeno lotion to moisturize my hands, but I discovered this Neutrogena hand cream from my sister that specifically attacks the dryness in your hands. My sister is a nurse, so she constantly washes her hands which makes her hands even drier. She told me this cream works well at smoothing out her skin and keeping it hydrated. I gave it a try, and I fell in love with it instantly. The bottle is only 2 ounces which isn't a lot, but the amazing thing is that you only need a small dab of it to take care both your hands. Unlike the Aveeno lotion, this hand cream has a thicker greasy-like texture similar to petroleum jelly. It's a clear jelly that comes out and I use both hands to rotate my hands in order to spread it around. The cream will settle into all the tiny lines in your skin and you automatically feel a difference in your hands. My hands feel so smooth and soft like a baby's skin each time that I use this. Give this a try if you're someone who uses their hands a lot and or has very dry uncomfortable skin.
  • Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque ($3.99) - I was introduced to this product from a friend of mine who gave this a try for the first time, and she told me it shrank her pores. That's pretty cool, I thought, but I naturally do not have large pores. I wanted to give this a try anyway since I do have acne pimples sometimes, and the idea of wearing a green mask for 15 minutes was fun. For $4, this sucker is supposed to dry up your acne pimples, shrink pores, and get rid of blackheads. All that I noticed from using this product once a week was that my skin felt ultra clean after using it. My skin looked clean and felt clean, but I did feel as if this product dried out my skin a little more.
  • Lumene Anti-wrinkle Night Cream (Similar HERE $29.99) - I started using this product before I used the Tarte Maracuja Oil. Funny thing is that this product was recommended for people who are 50 years old and older, and well, I'm not even 25 years old yet. It's never too young to start taking care of your skin though, and I found this on clearance at CVS, so I picked it up because it had anti-aging ingredients in it and some special arctic cloudberries that are supposed to make your skin look and feel younger and radiant. I used this every single night, and occasionally I still do whenever I don't use the Maracuja Oil, and the texture of the cream itself is super smooth and especially creamy! There's no thickness to it although the cream looks thick inside the pot, but if I could get maracuja oil to be of this texture and fragrance (lightly scented) then it would be perfect. It absorbs so quickly into my skin, and I notice my face texture becomes very smooth and soft. 
  • Yes to Grapefruit Correct & Repair Daily Facial Scrub ($9.99) - This facial scrub makes my face feel super clean, and makes me look more brighter and awake. This grapefruit smelling scrub comes with tiny beads that helps exfoliate your skin. I just love this product because I feel so fresh and so clean clean! I always feel as if I look very pale after every use, but I do not use this every day since I don't want to overdo it on exfoliating. This is definitely a wake me upper product, and I do not experience any weird photosensitivity reaction when I'm in sunlight which is a good thing, because normally my eyes water like crazy with citrus cleansers!
  • Facial Masks ($1-$3) - I love using facial masks that are made in Korea. Not all masks are the same since they use some different ingredients for different targets for the skin. They're very easy to use since you take it out of the pouch and put it on your face for 15 minutes. I notice with every mask that I use my face ends up feeling like a baby's skin. Likewise with the facial scrub, I feel very refreshed with these masks. These masks also provide a lot of moisture as well. You can buy these at the Korean markets, and I've also seen them at Big Lots under the "Epielle" brand.
That is pretty much it for my skincare favorites! What are your favorite skincare products? I always like trying out new ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...