Sunday, January 5, 2014

Beauty/Personal Care Products I've Used Up!

I've been collecting a pile of products I've used up for months, and now my basket is full, so it's time to empty it out! You like my Hello Kitty sheets, and the "toy camera" effect photos that my digital camera did? :P

Two noticeable items in this pile are the large jar candles that I purchased from Bath and Body Works. Both are from the White Barn line, and they smell amazing! I finished burning Mohogany Teakwood which smells like a lighter scented Abercrombie & Fitch, and I also got done with Cranberry Woods (the one without the label) which smells like Thanksgiving and Christmas in one! Not great descriptions coming from me, but they are both fairly light-scented with a touch of sweetness. I believe they are 50% off at BBW's semi-annual sale going on right now!

This is random, but I finished a travel size contact lens solution bottle. This was the first time I tried Bausch + Lomb's Bio True multipurpose solution. I typically use the Opti-Free, but that's usually expensive. This works fine for my contacts and eyes, and tends to be cheaper than Opti-Free.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel is a great product in keeping your brow hairs in place! This works so well in keeping my brows down instead of getting bushy everywhere! You won't have to worry about the gel making your hairs harden or shine. This does run expensive for $22 (I had the deluxe sample), and instead of buying the larger one, I found that the Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Clear ($4) does a great job of setting my brow hairs in place as well.

This is the e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set spray that has aloe, green tea, cucumbers, and vitamins A, C, and E. This is supposed to set your makeup so that it doesn't budge or run. Unfortunately it felt more like just a cool mist refresher spray instead of something that would keep my makeup in tact. I noticed that my eye makeup would always smudge right when I sprayed this product only once on my face. Not good. I don't think they sell this online on the e.l.f. website anymore, but I bought this at Target. Perhaps it's no longer sold there either?

They no longer sell the Stila Liquid Eye Liner that you see down below, so it doesn't really matter, but this product was a stink anyway since the liquid eventually dried up and the liner didn't work. Below is the Buxom Insider Eye Liner ($14) that I adore. The color is in "Black Jasper" which is a black eye liner with a little bit of shimmer. It glides on easily, doesn't smudge a lot and is long lasting! I've had this liner for a long time, and I use it constantly!

This is the only Simple product that I've tried. Simple products are supposed to be gentle and natural. I have sensitive skin, and I had no issues of extra dryness or breakouts when using this. Will I purchase this again in the future? Probably.

Lotions! I finally got through the Banana Boat Ultra Defense SPF 30 sunscreen lotion. This one has aloe vera in it, and it does make you look a little greasy which I don't like, especially when it isn't summer. Lubriderm lotion is comparable to Aveeno, and it does a good job at keeping my skin hydrated. This one has no oatmeal in it though. No flaky skin!

I generally enjoy using Organix products, but I wasn't too fond of these which are the Biotin & Collagen shampoo and conditioner. These were supposed to make my hair thicker, fuller, and moist, but I felt like it completely dried out my hair instead. I'll be sticking to the Moroccan Argan Oil one. This shampoo and conditioner smell really good though!

Two nail polishes I've used up are these sparkly ones by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear ("Disco Ball") and Sephora by O.P.I. They no longer create the Sephora by O.P.I. one, but the Sally Hansen one is part of the permanent line you can find at the drugstore. You can wear it alone or wear it as a top coat. Either way makes your nails super glitzy and glam!

This is such a great facial moisturizer, and it's the Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital SPF 30 ($46). Even though it has SPF in it, it doesn't make your face look greasy like some do. It feels very light in your fingers and especially on your face which is a plus. No one wants to wear layers and layers of products on their face! No scent to it, and no break outs for my dry and sensitive skin. It dries semi-fast on the skin, and will leave your skin feeling silky smooth instead of oily!

I use up a mascara tube almost every 2 months, and I always try out new mascaras (currently trying out the L'Oreal Butterfly one!) since I am a huge mascara junkie! I've finished the Too Faced Lash Injection and the Physicians Formula Organic Wear Fake Out Mascaras ($9.95). Both of these mascaras are great although I do prefer the Physicians Formula one. The Lash Injection has a huge brush, so it's not great at fully coating the lower lashes whereas the Physicians Formula one has smaller plastic fiber bristles that can do the job. I really love the PF one, and would definitely repurchase it again. I wouldn't repurchase the Too Faced one just because I know I can find a great drugstore mascara for half the price! Both of them will lengthen your lashes.

Wipes! I use these wipes almost everyday. The smaller package is from the brand Epielle, which I believe is a Korean cosmetics brand. These are cucumber cleansing wipes that I purchased from Big Lots for only $1. You can also find them at the Korean markets for $1.99, and they smell like cucumbers that are pre-moistened and helps removes makeup and cleans your face. I also use Huggies baby wipes to remove makeup. What I do is put cold cream on the wipes or makeup remover and gently massage it against my face to remove my makeup. Huggies wipes can get expensive, but if you buy a non-brand (Target's Up&Up brand, or Costco's Kirkland brand) box of them then they'll be cheaper. I think both methods really do help me remove my makeup.


That is it for all the products I've used up within the past few months! This was a fun post! I like reflecting on products I've used up. Maybe I'll probably write more posts like these every 2-3 months! Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...