Saturday, December 21, 2013

REVIEW: Stila In the Moment Palette!

This is Stila's "In the Moment" palette that you can purchase at Sephora, Ulta or Stila's website for $39. This palette is designed for you to dress up your eyes for big moments in your life. This palette comes with ten eye shadows (9 shimmers and 1 semi-matte) and a purple Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner.

The palette itself is made out of cardboard, and it does not feel that sturdy.

No mirror comes with this palette. It has a quote on the inside of the lid though.

All the colors are shimmer with the exception of "Desire" which is a semi-matte nude color. It's semi-matte because there's a speck of fine glitters inside that you can barely see.
Even without primer the eye shadows have great pigmentation.

When swatched over primers the eye shadows look more vibrant.

Top row is a little powdery than the second, but all shadows are very buttery and smooth.
Instinct - Champagne shimmer, great for the inner corner of your eyes
Impulse - pale lavendar shimmer
Glance - jewel-toned purple shimmer, this one is gorgeous!
Impulse - very dark purple with purple glitter
Catalyst - black with purple glitter (more of a matte black with purple glitter)
Desire - matte nude
Wonder - pinky nude shimmer
Spontaneous - golden bronze shimmer
Captivate - dark brown with brown fine glitter


The look I created with this palette.

I used Glance on the outer corner of my eyes, Wonder on my lids and Instinct as a transition into the inner corner of my eyes. I also used Glance and Instinct on my lower lash line, and I am wearing the Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in "Tetra" on my upper lid. This is a purple-grey eye liner that is easy to apply.


This palette retails for $39, and I was fortunate enough to buy it when it was on sale at Sephora for $20. This is part of Stila's permanent line, and they have other "In the..." palettes. Overall I think this is a great palette with a nice set of good and pigmented color. The colors really fit the theme of "In the Moment," and I can understand why almost all the shades are shimmery since during a special moment in your life you may want to stand out. I had no problem with the eye liner, and saw no smudging. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...