Tuesday, December 3, 2013

REVIEW: Milani Color Statement Lipsticks!

Hi everyone! I hope your week is going well! I wanted to let you know that Milani's Color Statement Lipsticks are on sale this week at CVS for $2.99! That's a great price since they retail for ~$5.49 at my CVS stores and online on the Milani Cosmetics website. These are probably the best scented lipsticks I own!


When you open them you'll notice a sweet scent. It's not as strong as say, perfume, but there's a very obvious sweet yet pleasant scent to these lipsticks.

In total there are 30 shades to choose from, and I own four of them: Chilled Brandy, Ruby Valentine, Naturally Chic, and Nude Creme. 


Two swipes of each lipstick below.


Chilled Brandy - This is the only one out of the four I own that has shimmer in it with a frost finish. Chilled Brandy is a true plum color.
Ruby Valentine - A natural red creme shade. Not too orange and not too deep. 
Naturally Chic - This is the one I wear the most ever since I purchased this last spring. This for me is like a "your lips but better". This will look great on those with light/medium to medium skin tones. Naturally chic is a rose colored creme lipstick.
Nude Creme- A nude creme as simply stated. A little too light for my skin, but still a gorgeous shade.

I find that all four of these lipsticks are heavy in that they feel thick and a little dry. When you wear them they feel like you're wearing an old fashion lipstick formula. With that said, I found that these are lacking the moisture we all desire. It doesn't provide the best moisture like Revlon Lip Butters, but I will say that they are very pigmented. They remind me of the Wet N Wild Mega Last Lip Colors, except they are scented and are more moisturizing. I recommend wearing a thin layer of lip balm prior to applying this on, but the lipstick will not stay on your lips as long as if you weren't to wear balm.  I can wear these for several hours without any big problems like feathering without lip balm, so they are quite good. 

Would I repurchase these? Probably! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...