Thursday, December 5, 2013

November Monthly Favorites!

Can you believe that it's already December? Crazy! This past November I only have a select few favorites that I'd like to share!


First, I've been loving this Tarte quad that is part of the Gorgeous Getaways Portable Palettes and Collector's compact from Ulta. There's no name for the quad with the full size amazonian clay itself, but each shadow and blush has their own individual names. The photos below are from when I first purchased the set so that's why it doesn't look like I've used anything, but I have, and I've been loving all four shades of eye shadows! I like using Great Sphynx, or Belgian Chocolate on the outer corner of my eyes, Pacific Sunset on my lids and Santorini Bikini on the inner corner of my eyes. I haven't used the blush much, so I can't say it's a favorite, but the four shadows in this quad is superb! I love Urban Decay eye shadows best because of their quality, but Tarte also has great quality shadows as well. I would describe them as smooth, rich and pigmented! View all the other shades in this set HERE. You can purchase this at Ulta in store. It looks like they  may have sold out online, but this set would be a great gift for the holidays!



What I've also been loving is this Base Shadow  Real Techniques brush that I purchased at Ulta as part of the Starter Kit Set ($17.99). I've been using this brush for several months now and it has not yet shed on me when I've spot cleaned and deep clean it. This brush looks tiny, but it does a great job at picking up shadow and layering it onto your lids. I'm guilty, but I've been using this brush for everything when it comes to applying eye shadow. I use it to apply a base color, I use it to apply eye shadow on her my outer corners, and I also use it to blend! That's how much I like it! I highly recommend this brush!


This month has been a berry mauve-y lip month for me! My favorite lip product of the month is the L'Oreal Le Mattte called "Matte-r of Fact" which gives off the berry look for me. The color is much richer than what you see below. For a matte formula it is not drying which no one likes. It acts like a lip pencil, therefore it is really easy to apply. Unfortunately these are limited edition, and so they are no longer sold. See other swatches HERE.


My next favorite is the Physicians Formula FakeOut Mascara. This is by far my favorite drugstore mascara. It curls, lengthens and volumizes my lashes. Read my full review on this mascara HERE.



Last but not least I love my cold cream. I've been using Pond's for a long time because it works very well at removing makeup. What I do is take a baby wipe, dip it into the cold cream and apply it thoroughly all over my face. Afterwards I take a daily cleanser and wash my face. Cold cream acts as a cleanser too, but I wash my face again since there's a high chance I have makeup residue somewhere like under my eyes.

That is it for my favorites of November! Thanks for reading, and happy December!

In Other News...
- I purchased a lot of new makeup during Black Friday/Cyber Monday that I'm super excited to try out and review those items once they arrive!
- CVS semi-annual clearance on beauty products has begun! Look out for the 50% off pink stickers and 75% off green stickers on select items at CVS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...