Friday, November 8, 2013

REVIEW: Physicians Formula Organic Wear FakeOut Mascara

There's always some kind of deal going on at the drugstores for Physicians Formula cosmetic products. I purchased the Physicians Formula Organic Wear FakeOut Mascara several months ago, and I'm glad I found a good drugstore brand mascara that I like.

Most mascaras at the drugstore retail at max $9 or less, but Physicians Formula is a more expensive drugstore brand. This FakeOut mascara costs $9.95 at CVS and Rite Aid, which is a little pricey, but there is always some kind of deal on this brand so you can actually purchase it for a cheaper price. This product claims to give your lashes a nice length, curl and volume, as well as lashes that look like falsies. Most Physician Formula mascaras are shaped in a leaf which I find quite cute and unique!

You can probably tell as you pull out the wand that this mascara is going to have a jumbo size brush.

Here's a look at the oval shaped brush. You can see that there are plastic fibers covering the entire brush.
In the photos below, please note I did not use a lash curler or any lash primer, just my natural lashes and of course this mascara alone.

My lashes alone. Notice how my lashes go straight out?

One coat of mascara somewhat lengthens my lashes.
Two coats of mascaras! WOW. It curled my lashes, lengthened them and volumized them!

Typically I only wear 2 coats of mascara because it starts to clump after 2, but I gave 3 coats a try and the outcome isn't bad at all. You'll see clumping in my bottom lashes, but my top lashes look very full.
  

A little smudging.

Overall I like this mascara a lot because it does curl, volumize and lengthen my lashes. I like how full they look without anything extra. The texture of this mascara feels great. Unlike many mascaras that have that hard and crusty texture, this mascara has a gel or silk-like texture formula that I like. I will say though that this mascara is not great on the lower lashes since the brush is super huge. It's really hard to get the brush in there, and the more you try the more it clumps. I've also noticed smudging every time I've worn this mascara both on my top lids and below my bottom lashes on my skin. It doesn't bother me too much, but I won't be wearing this mascara for my bottom lashes anymore. As you can probably figure out, I would repurchase again, and I recommend it! :)

In Other News...

  • I've been trying out the Topstyler by Instyler! Today's curls are way better than yesterday, so I think I'm definitely getting the hang of it!
  • I will have a review of the donut hair bun hair sponge up sometime this weekend. I'm working on it!
  • I'm taking my little 10 year old cousin to the Selena Gomez concert tonight! HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...