Wednesday, October 16, 2013

REVIEW: Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick

Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick. I know these were released last year, but I've never really tried them or heard much about them, so I thought I'd give it a try. I love Revlon products (lip butters, 24 Hour Stay Foundation, Just Bitten), but this product isn't for me.

I purchased only one color, "Couture" which is a semi-dark cherry red. This is supposed to have a "velvet" texture, but I found it to be sticky instead of something smooth.

 I am going to be honest that I've only worn this lip product probably 4 to 5 times. This lip product did not get any less sticky as time passed by. It gets so sticky to the point that when you pout your lips and pull them apart the product sticks together from the upper and lower lips. Eventually I began using a Stila lip liner in "Crimson" as I tried this product several other times.

"Couture" in natural lighting with no lip liner... Yikes, but the color is really pretty.


This can be buildable as seen below. I used a lip liner and put on several layers. If you do purchase this Revlon product, I suggest letting the lipstick settle in first before putting another layer over it because the product will just come off.

After the product settled. It looks like a matte finish huh?  Can you tell the product is sticky?

"Couture" with flash which turned my lips into a bright coral color.


SUMMARY:
Pros:  Great color, pigmented, and lots of variety to select from.
Cons: Sticky! Takes too long for the product to settle. Difficult to apply due to stickiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...