Wednesday, October 2, 2013

REVIEW: Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in "Sultry"

Hi everyone!

This is a review on one of many shades of the new Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms that have just hit several stores. I wanted to try this out since I've really enjoyed the L'Oreal Le Matte/La Lacques which also came out recently. Apparently this is its competitor. I only purchased one because I'd be disappointed if I didn't like the product, but let's see how long until my collection of this lip product grows! I'm diggin' it!



I purchased "Sultry" which I want to say is a rose pink shade. First right off the bat, you'll smell the mint scent that this lip balm has-- I quite like it. Of course, you'll find too that these balms come in the same shape (jumbo crayon) as the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stains. Just like the lip stains, this matte balm is retractable.



Hand swatch of "Sultry"


"Sultry" Lip swatch -- No Flash -- It looks very rosy, almost like a mauve pink without the camera flash.


"Sultry" Lip Swatch with Flash -- Much more vibrant and pink with camera flash. It's very pretty though!


I'm slowly beginning to like matte lip products more and more as long as they don't make my lips look like prunes! Before using this, make sure to exfoliate your lips! It glides on like a glossy lipstick and dries matte, and I actually believe that this is much easier to apply than the L'Oreal Le Matte; It seems to glide on like nobody's business! I also noticed that my lips aren't dried out after using this balm which is good since I tend to have dry skin and lips. The product feels thin as though nothing is on my lips except for a color. Don't expect these to provide a lot of moisture because they don't. This balm has staining powers similar to the Just Bittens and does a good job of not transferring off the lips. Similar to the L'Oreal Le Matte, this stays on for hours! 

Like the L'Oreal ones, these Revlon balms also come in lacquer forms. I do believe I will like those more, but I have yet to try them. I do like this Revlon Matte Balm, and I might, just might, pick up a few more. I purchased this one (regular price: $6.99) from Bed Bath and Beyond with an extended beauty department, and I also used a 20% off coupon from their email if you are subscribed.

2 comments:

  1. I got Sultry as well a couple days ago and it's such a great work-appropriate fall/winter color :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...