Saturday, October 19, 2013

REVIEW: Maybelline ColorSensational High Shine Lip Gloss (Raspberry Ablaze)

It's another lip product yet again! :P Maybelline released a limited edition fall line including several beautiful dark shade High Shine Lip Glosses in late August, early September. I managed to pick one up at Rite Aid on clearance for $3.19 in Raspberry Ablaze. I'm quite surprised to find that they're already on clearance since last week, but at the same time we can't wait for the winter limited edition stuff to come in too huh?


This is a gorgeous, gorgeous berry color. This color is probably my favorite kind of berry shade!

The wand has a slight 30-45 degree angle or so that allows application to be easier, but that is not THE problem. The problem is the little hole in the plastic that sucks some product up and drips as you pull it out of the bottle. You see what I mean?


It's quite annoying because the product can actually flow into the hollow plastic wand which is wasting a good product!


Look at that! For the most part I want to call it a creme lip gloss, but if you look carefully you can see a little of fine glitters in it.

Can I first start off by saying that this lipgloss doesn't smell horrible like their ColorSensational lipsticks!? No scent here!


First word that comes to my mind about this gloss is that it is SHINY. It's not sheer, but it's also not opaque. It's in the middle ground, so I applied two layers to make it a little darker.



Here's how it looks with camera flash! It looks pink! 


This is a beautiful non-sticky lip gloss, but there are several problems that I see: 1) Design of the wand. Is the hole necessary? 2) Durability - This sucker doesn't stay on for long. I'm not wearing any lipstick underneath the gloss in the photos above, but this stuff strangely melts down my lips in a way. The first time I wore this, within 15-20 minutes I noticed that the product was moving down my lips. It sounds funny, go ahead and laugh, but it did happen, and it's not even summer anymore, and Halloween yet! Maybe a little stickiness would help! Reapplication is a must as you should guess! 

Would I repurchase this? No, but I can appreciate the color and smooth texture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...