Monday, October 7, 2013

Manicure Monday! -- Glow in the Dark Nails!?

Good morning everyone! Happy Monday! I purchased a new nail polish this past weekend. EEKS! I sure did break my "no buy" nail polish rule, but at least this polish I am wearing is inexpensive. :P  Sinful Colors released a "Glow in the Dark" nail polish perfect for Halloween that can be purchased at Walgreens for $1.99. Why did I buy this? I just wanted to try it out. :P

I applied  around 5 layers of this polish because it's sheer. That's a lot of layers, but it feels rough and a little gritty with only 1-2 applications, so more is probably better. The problem with this too many layers is that little bubbles will appear along the surface, but I didn't mind as long as I was able to achieve an opaque glow. Hey, it's supposed to be glow in the dark, so I want my nails to shine! I don't like the formula, but I'm sure it's difficult to create a smooth formula for glow in the dark nail polish, right? It is what it is, and at least my nails can glow for the rest of the week at night that I am wearing this.

Nails in natural lighting -- It looks like sheer white/grey nail polish during the day time.


And in the dark! You can tell application is uneven since it glows more in certain areas. This is why I put on 5 layers! With 1-2, you'll see nothing! I wish my nails would glow as bright as the bottle. That would be awesome!

Pretty cool huh?


Will any of you be rocking the glow in the dark nails this Halloween? I say go ahead and give this a try. It seems pretty cool for the upcoming holiday, but I wouldn't wear this on a regular basis. $1.99 is a great price as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...