Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Case of Heat Rashes!

Hi everyone,

I apologize for being M.I.A. This past week has been going pretty bad. The heat has been getting to me mentally and physically. I know I should not be complaining about the heat, but I have very sensitive skin, and I recently broke out in heat rashes again this summer. I've been living with eczema my whole entire life, and it has definitely gotten better as I've grown older. It's unfortunate though because when there are weather extremities, my skin gets agitated very easily whether my skin becomes drier and starts flaking more, or more itchiness and red bumps appear. It's been very humid, dry and hot in San Diego almost this entire summer, and I broke out in rashes at the beginning of summer due to the heat. The breakout wasn't so bad as it was only my legs and thighs, but this week my entire body including my palms, hands, face, eyelids, feet, stomach, butt, everything, broke out in rashes. Luckily I still have some nystatin treatment cream from my first breakout that I've been using, and it's helped. I can feel the heat and warmth getting to my feet and palms, and I just want to scratch it all! I know these rashes appear between the creases of your bodies when it becomes really warm. I don't think I'll be going to the doctor unless the rashes get worse. Some rashes have gone away, and new ones have appeared. I'm trying to wear loose clothing, and stay indoors wherever it is cooler. I'm praying it all goes away by next week since I have a major exam at the end of next week. I don't know what I'll do if I have to sit in a chair for 5 hours with all these itchiness going on. For now I'll pull through and wait it out. Do any of you have home remedies for heat rashes or suggestions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...