Thursday, September 19, 2013

Seasonal Changes

It is slowly getting cooler in San Diego, and the weather change may be the reason why I am sick again. Argh! At least it's not drenching hot anymore! I haven't done much when it comes to making seasonal changes around the home, but at least the weather change, and the little things down below have helped me feel more "seasonal!"

I changed out the false flowers from spring/summer (left) to autumn ones (right)! You can see my previous post HERE on where I purchased the supplies, and how to do this easy decor project.


Aside from that, I've been using candles to make it smell like fall! I purchased three candles two weekends or so ago from Bath and Body Works when they were on sale. I got Mahogany Teakwood, Cranberry Woods, and Nutmeg Spice. I know the pumpkin scents are very popular, but I'm not into scents that resemble the kitchen. I like that touch of sweet smell. :)

Mahogany Teakwood smells like Abercrombie, but not as strong. I do enjoy the smell of the store, but it can be overpowering. Mahogany Teakweed is the perfect amount!

Nutmeg Spice does smell like something that came out of the kitchen, but it's not as strong like other scents such as Pumpkin Cinnamon Spice or Frosted Cupcakes.


Cranberry Woods smells like cranberries and woods. Hah! I know that's not a great description, but it is true to its name, but I do find that this candle isn't as scented when I burn it. Maybe it's because I'm sick, but the other two candles I purchased are way stronger? Do any of you feel the same way about Cranberry Woods?

Other than the floral changes and getting new candles, I haven't done much to gear into fall when it comes to home decor. I am very excited for the holidays to come! :) Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...