Tuesday, September 10, 2013

REVIEW: L'Oreal La Laque and Le Matte Lipliner/Lipsticks

UPDATE 10/19: These have been spotted at Target on clearance for up to 70% off!! Prices vary by store and region!

----------------
I finally got to trying out four out of the eight L'Oreal La Laque and Le Matte lipliner/lipsticks that are limited edition, already sold at Target, Bed, Bath and Beyond and some Ulta stores. These are pretty amazing, and I hope they make the line permanent because I really do love them!

Depending on where you live and where you purchase them, the cost may vary from $5.99 to $7.99. My Target had them for $7.99, and I live in southern California. There are four "La Laque" and four "Le Matte," lipsticks that are supposedly a lip liner and a lipstick in one filled with rich color. The "La Laque" ones finish wet, and the "Le Matte" ones finish matte, or dry.

I find that I like the "La Laque" ones more since I don't have to swipe the product over and over on my lips. It's super rich, pigmented, and beautiful, and surprisingly moisturizing as well. The problem I have with the "Le Matte" lipsticks is that you have to wait for the product to dry first before you put on another layer. If you don't do this, you are basically wiping the product back and forth on your lips, so you want it to "matte-ify" on your lips first before putting on extra layers to build up the color. I don't like how I have to build up the color for the "Le Mattes," but the colors are definitely pretty once its built up.

I love that it's in the form of a lipliner, like a pencil which is really easy to use. The pen is retractable, so you don't have to worry about sharpening it or having the product get all smashed underneath the cap. These glide on super easily that you have to be very careful when outlining your lips or working along the edges-- yes, both the "La Laque" and the "Le Mattes"!

Below are photos of the lipsticks. The lip swatches aren't the greatest, but you can definitely get an idea of how the color looks when there is flash and isn't flash. :)


From top to bottom: Le Matte - "Matte-r of Fact"; Le Matte - "She's so Matte"; La Laque - "Never Lacque-ing" and La Laque - "I Lacque You A Lot"

Swatches from Left to Right:  La Laque - "Never Lacque-ing" ; La Laque - "I Lacque You A Lot"; Le Matte - "She's so Matte" and Le Matte - "Matte-r of Fact"

L'Oreal La Laques

"Never Lacque-ing"
I consider this a mauve-pink. It looks more purple without flash, and more pink with flash.


Without Flash - It looks like a lot of product huh? Good thing it's not. It's just very creamy.

With Flash


"I Laque You A Lot"
This is a bright red like red-orange. It reminds me of M.A.C.'s "Lady Danger."


Without Flash

With Flash - Wowser!


L'Oreal Le Mattes


"She's So Matte"
This is a bright pink. I would actually call this a pink with a slight coral hint. It has a certain brightness that reminds me a lot of the spring season. This definitely looks more colored with flash on.


Without Flash - Make sure to use lip scrubs or scrub your lips before applying any of the mattes!

With Flash - See how it looks a little coral?


"Matte-r of Fact"
This will definitely be my go-to for the fall and winter season. I like to wear darker lips during these two seasons including plum colors and deep reds and maroons. It is not as dark as it looks on the packaging by the way-- I know, it looks scary. :P


Without Flash

With Flash - This is PERFECT for the fall!

And there you have it! If I could choose between the La Laque or Le Matte, I would choose the La Laque just because it's more pigmented, rich and creamy; however, they do not last long on your lips like the Le Mattes do! Although I prefer the La Laque formula, my favorite out of these four is "Matt-r of Fact," solely for the color. :) I hope my opinions and photos help you decide on whether these products are right for you! I would try and get them soon if you are interested in buying them since they are limited in edition, and I believe one display only contains two of each color! :)

3 comments:

  1. I have been looking for these everywhere. Went to three Targets and could never find any. Do you recommend anywhere else I should look for them? Or they are all sold out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are limited edition products, and I only saw them at Target and Bed Bath and Beyond. Unfortunately I don't think you can find them anywhere else or anymore because I've seen that Target had put them up for clearance. I wish these were part of the permanent line. I'm sorry you couldn't find them! :\

      Delete
  2. Can't find in Australia, only just found out about them! Whaaaat, I want! But excellent review! Loveeee your blog <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...