Monday, September 30, 2013

My Cousin's Wedding!

My cousin got married last week, and it was an eventful day filled with three ceremonies and lots of love! It is a Vietnamese tradition to do a tea ceremony (ceremony 1) where the groom and his family arrive at the wife's parents' home to offer goods (dowry). The second ceremony, because my cousin is Catholic, consisted of a wedding mass held at the church most of us grew up in. Lastly, the ceremony in the afternoon was held at the beautiful Balboa Park where all their friends and families were invited. This was where the reception was held as well. It was a beautiful ceremony with a guitarist singing Bruno Mars' "Marry You" and Jason Mraz' "I'm Yours" as my cousin's bride walked down the aisle. The vows were so sweet and special, and I shed some tears as my cousin said his vows crying in joy and happiness. It was a lovely day and evening!

Here are a few photos from the wedding:

This is the patio outside of the San Diego Museum of Art. Gorgeous!


 This is my cousin and his beautiful bride.

The reception area!



My cousins, sister, and me! I am wearing a Lauren Ralph Lauren dress, Charming Charlie necklace, and Zara heels.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...