Monday, September 9, 2013

Manicure Monday! -- Nail Polish Storage/Organization

It is MONDAY, and for Manicure Monday this week I am going to share with you how I store my nail polish collection! I am indeed a nail polish fanatic. I love all sorts of colors from bright colors to neutrals, and who doesn't love glitter? I've collected nail polishes over the past five years or so, and it is definitely more than what the average person has. I love nail polish, and I can never get enough of it, although I am on a "no buy" rule.

I've always wanted to display my nail polish collection on a rack that turns, but racks are quite expensive coming at $65 for one that fits only 50. I watched Ingrid's YouTube video (HERE) on her nail polish collection, and thought what she did was a great idea: She used an "over the door" shoe hanger to organizer and store her polishes!

I placed my shoe organizer next to my closet on a wall since I already have scarves and belts being hung over the door. Another reason why I didn't want it over the door is because of the natural lighting that would possibly cause damage to the polishes due to high temperatures from the heat. 

I went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and purchased the shoe organizer for only $15. If you can wait, request a 20% off coupon from the website by entering your email and address down below (HERE), and the coupon should arrive within a week or so. The 20% off can be applied to any item in the store including the shoe organizer. I ended up paying only $12 for the shoe organizer!


This shoe organizer fits up to 12 pairs of shoes so there's 24 pockets that you can fill your polishes or nail supplies in.

The organizer comes with four hooks that you can slip through the silver/metal coated rings at the top and put it over the door. I didn't use these since I hung mine against the wall.


I ran out of nails so I used screws to put the shoe organizer up, though I do suggest using nails and a hammer if you decide to put it on a wall like I did. Luckily the metal rings can hold all my polishes.


This is my storage collection for all my nail polishes!!! I color coordinated everything from whites all the way down to blacks. From this photo you can tell I have lots of pinks! I love pinks, nudes and neutrals the best.  I still have space left on the bottom row, and that's where I put my nail treatment (cuticle oil, nail strengthener) and acetone at. This is a great place for me to place my polishes since it won't ever have to face the sun. I love that I can see all my polishes at once, and I can easily select a color that I want to wear without lugging through boxes of polishes.

This shoe organizer is working very well, and so far so good. It's pretty sturdy, and there's no rips or tears which is a good indication of sturdiness. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...